Spin the Challenge Wheel - KSP2 Edition!

kspnerd122

How does it work?

The challenge wheel is a new way for you to do KSP challenges of varying difficulty and varying rules, I will spin wheels for: 

Planet - Where Are you going, (there are wheels for Stock, and any future KSP2 planet mods)

Goal - What are you doing when you get there (Build a base, simply plant a flag, rescue a kerbal, etc.)

Restrictions, Parts - (Low Part Count, No Ion Engines, No Nuclear Engines, etc.) You get one of these

Restrictions, Craft - (Low Mass, No ISRUSSTO, Single Launch, etc.)

Difficulties

People have different skill levels, and getting an eve return mission right off the bat can be difficult, So pick the difficulty level of challenge you want

Easy - You will get a challenge for destinations which are easy to reach, no part count/mass restrictions, Large structures are not required to be single launch: Mun, Minmus, Duna, Ike

Normal - No planets which have any sort of above average difficulty, Part count and mass restrictions can appear, No large crafts in 1 launch: Mun, Minmus, Duna, Ike, Gilly, Dres

Difficult - Distant destinations, Large crafts may need to go up in 1 launch: Mun, Minmus, Duna, Ike, Gilly, Dres, Laythe, Vall, Pol, Bop, Moho, Eeloo

Hard - Difficult except you may need to land and return from Eve or Tylo, You can get Grand Tours(For stock this is Jool 5 Automatically)

Stratzenblitz - Unreasonable restrictions, Megastructures, Large Builds in 1 Launch(You may do a planet mod at this difficulty if you like)

Are Mods Supported?

Yes, Modded planets and parts are supported (Once modders start making them) (there are separate wheels which will be spun if playing modded)

The only mods which are banned are

Mods that provide infinite fuel

Mods that use no fuel(Using the atmosphere in a nuclear jet counts as a fuel)

General rules (Breaking these will appear in the "Honorable mentions" section)

No Kraken drives(this renders things too easy)

Modded and stock entries are considered equal, I prefer modded, some prefer stock, neither is considered better for the purposes of this challenge

Play fair, if you want a reroll, just ask, but you can only reroll 3 times, then you are stuck with what you got

Stations/Bases need to be multiple modules(No, you cant just do something that is technically a station, it needs to have distinct sections for different uses/to look pretty) View Rutabaga's Moho Station for example

No Alt+F12

How do I play?

Just tell me that you want to play and what mods you are using(just the major ones)

Spoiler your modlist to avoid a Wall of Text

I will spin the wheel for you and give you your challenge

Have fun!

18 minutes ago, Archonin said:

Sure! This sounds like fun! Give me an easy one and I will increase the difficulty of the challenge if I complete the previous one. Great idea!

Get to Minmus and plant a flag, then return to Kerbin.

This is also not the first time I have run this challenge, welcome to the forums, I ran a similar challenge on KSP1 and this is a port of that challenge. The one on KSP1 is still running for anyone interested

Edited by kspnerd122

17 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

Get to Minmus and plant a flag, then return to Kerbin.

This is also not the first time I have run this challenge, welcome to the forums, I ran a similar challenge on KSP1 and this is a port of that challenge. The one on KSP1 is still running for anyone interested

Completed! Minmus Kerbin Landing Landed, glad I am not that rusty. Glad you are doing those challenges. Let's try a medium one

• 4 weeks later...

@kspnerd122

Well, considering I need the practice and time with KSP2...give me an Easy one.  I'll do that, then go up from there!

Question:  Are you going to have badges for doing any of these?  I know it's random and all, but I have to ask. Nothing like adding that sweet decoration to a signature!

11 hours ago, Socraticat said:

I'll take an easy one to start. Let's gooo!

Head off to Duna and plant a flag, no Nuclear Engines

10 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

@kspnerd122

Well, considering I need the practice and time with KSP2...give me an Easy one.  I'll do that, then go up from there!

Question:  Are you going to have badges for doing any of these?  I know it's random and all, but I have to ask. Nothing like adding that sweet decoration to a signature!

Get to Ike and build a space station

• 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling jaunty, how about a difficult roll?

Spoiler

oYxPP0V.png

I'm aware of the potential issue with having Lazy Orbit installed.  Only used for "simulations" when designing crafts as a means of staving off the Kraken as much as possible prior to the mission proper.  Happy to provide whatever additional proof of legitimacy is needed.

Edited by GalileOh-No
Added mods list + lazy orbit discussion

19 hours ago, GalileOh-No said:

I'm feeling jaunty, how about a difficult roll?

Hide contents

oYxPP0V.png

I'm aware of the potential issue with having Lazy Orbit installed.  Only used for "simulations" when designing crafts as a means of staving off the Kraken as much as possible prior to the mission proper.  Happy to provide whatever additional proof of legitimacy is needed.

Get to Laythe and Return, No Jet Engines.

1 hour ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

Are ssto's allowed?

Unless its explicitly not allowed by your challenge, you can do it

7 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

Oof, atmospheric rocket return... I guess I did ask for difficult after all! This one may take a while; I hope the patch gods smile favorably upon me tomorrow.

Others, please learn from my hubris...

Edited by GalileOh-No

16 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

Unless its explicitly not allowed by your challenge, you can do it

Hooray!- oh wait, no nuclear engines, much easier though!

May the patch 2 gods Ike me!

(Ya get it? well if you dont then **** you-  Mark Watney, The martian)

20 hours ago, Little 908 said:

Im thinking about doing a jool-5, but I guess i challenge anyone here to do a jool-5 as well

Don't worry, I'm working on getting all three of your "Jool System Challenges". I'll see you over there!

On 4/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, kspnerd122 said:

Mission complete!

Sorry for the link to the Imgur album but it would simply take way too long for me to manually upload all of those into a post here.  If there's a way to upload images in batches I'd appreciate the info!

A huge thanks to:

@XYZ3211@Socraticat@highfly1000  @schlosratfor their work on Maneuver Node Controller and @ABritInSpacefor Transfer Window - this mission was heavily-reliant upon both for its success!

Edited by GalileOh-No
Properly credited schlosrat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.