Are mods going to be allowed or not?

kithylin

Can we get some sort of official word on this? Will the developers allow mods for KSP 2? Yes or no?

I am hoping the developers comment on this as it is a simple yes or no question. I am not looking for a lengthy debate or huge discussion on it.

It's a very simple question. 

5 hours ago, kithylin said:

Can we get some sort of official word on this? Will the developers allow mods for KSP 2? Yes or no?

Official support is coming later down the line. Part mods will be the first thing to get official support, then plugins later.

if you havent misread that its not binding.

Im no Lawyer and international law is different in every region but you cant claim other peoples code/programs by simply stating you own it.

Back in the beginning of ksp modding we had a long discussion about licenses. Thats why SpaceDock takes choosing your mod license very serious.
If you say its not allowed per license to take your code without crediting you we take down every mod that violates this and refuses to change it.

Luckily that rarly happens. Because people here are great.

Edited by VITAS

37 minutes ago, Vicis said:

Per the EULA you won't own any mods you create though! So there's that :)

Back in the good ole days, if you placed anything on the net, it was free.

The concept of licensing 'add-ons', adding license statements.. and/or asking for donations is.... ridiculous.

If you want to license restrict/license things,  start your own software company, and charge for your work.. otherwise get over it.. it's free for anyone to use.

:wink:

On 2/25/2023 at 12:45 AM, Periple said:

They’ve confirmed this many times. See this video interview for example:

<video>

I watched that entire video and I couldn't find any mention during the interview of the developers actually stating they want to support and will support mods and modding. Maybe I missed it? I had to pause and AFK A few times.

Also the reason I started this thread: There is a lot of talk on the steam forums about there won't be any official mod support at all for KSP 2.

44 minutes ago, kithylin said:

I watched that entire video and I couldn't find any mention during the interview of the developers actually stating they want to support and will support mods and modding. Maybe I missed it? I had to pause and AFK A few times.

Also the reason I started this thread: There is a lot of talk on the steam forums about there won't be any official mod support at all for KSP 2.

Don't trust Steam forums. 

There will be official mod support got KSP 2 later down the road.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.