Parts config tweaking

Radekpl

They should allow at first tweaking parts config.

I checked only few parts, but it is crazy :(

Triangle panel SP-T XS:SM:MD 0,01t : 0,04t : 0,15t
Another triangle panel SP-R XS:SM:MD 0,3t 0,04t : 0,085t

Body structural fuselage SF125 0,1t and much smaller flat RTC Rottweiler part with 10x more weight 1t and XL adapter ADP-LXL 5x size than SF125 and weight 0,2t

And this is only begining :(

Any clues where the equivalent of a KSP 1 parts cfg file would be? I got the game on Steam (which I've never done before), so I don't know if that changes anything, but poking around in the game folder I can't find anything even remotely like a GameData folder or parts or CFG files. If such things exist somewhere then maybe we can play around with them.

1 hour ago, schlosrat said:

Any clues where the equivalent of a KSP 1 parts cfg file would be? I got the game on Steam (which I've never done before), so I don't know if that changes anything, but poking around in the game folder I can't find anything even remotely like a GameData folder or parts or CFG files. If such things exist somewhere then maybe we can play around with them.

They are bundled in the sharedassets files under KSP2_x64_Data folder. Not accessible without some kind of Unity asset viewer. This is not like KSP1 at all.

Ahh, then it might be possible that they are simply pre-compiled unity assets files.

There are readers for such things, but I'm not sure what good a reader would do for you. You can google unity unity asset file and find things. I suspect editing one of these files would be a quick way to break the game (assuming there are editing tools as well as readers).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.