[Request?] I don't mean to presume, but Module Manager? Also looking for possible direction to modding guides

shoe7ess

As the title states, I'm assuming something akin to Module Manger will come to KSP2, but I just figured I'd throw in a request or (maybe more-so a question) as to if/how/when MM or something similar could be implemented? If I'm able (time allowing) I really want to start modding, maybe using the base mod creation tutorial (obviously I'd have to do some more digging, different game and all) as a base, but I am a script-kiddie at heart and would love to delve into modding for this game at the start. If anyone else reading this has any other guides/systems/programs that would help in this regard I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks! :D

Edited by shoe7ess

20 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

As the title states, I'm assuming something akin to Module Manger will come to KSP2, but I just figured I'd throw in a request or (maybe more-so a question) as to if/how/when MM or something similar could be implemented? If I'm able (time allowing) I really want to start modding, maybe using the base mod creation tutorial (obviously I'd have to do some more digging, different game and all) as a base, but I am a script-kiddie at heart and would love to delve into modding for this game at the start. If anyone else reading this has any other guides/systems/programs that would help in this regard I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks! :D

IIRC, Intercept said they were going to include some form of MM in game, and people have dug into the code already and found a mod manager already in the files. I don't remember where I heard talk about it, I think somewhere on the forums or reddit. 

Anyway, a stock MM might already be in game, we just don't know how to access it/code for it without official support, and the first official modding support to come will be support for part mods only, with no word on plugin support. 

9 hours ago, GoldForest said:

IIRC, Intercept said they were going to include some form of MM in game, and people have dug into the code already and found a mod manager already in the files. I don't remember where I heard talk about it, I think somewhere on the forums or reddit. 

Anyway, a stock MM might already be in game, we just don't know how to access it/code for it without official support, and the first official modding support to come will be support for part mods only, with no word on plugin support. 

Well that is awesome to hear. If I put  my WakaTime from just MM coding for KSP1 public I would likely exile myself for shame. Think I spend more tweaking things than playing lol.

Oh, off topic, but your SISS came out amazingly!

17 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Having looked at it uses dotpeek, it doesn't seem to be fully implemented, but the base code is there, they're obviously going to make it, and they did state as much

16 hours ago, viperfan7 said:

Having looked at it uses dotpeek, it doesn't seem to be fully implemented, but the base code is there, they're obviously going to make it, and they did state as much

Get ready for the strangest sized trusses you've ever seen!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.