Can't time warp past 1000 even in KSC and tracking station when craft is in orbit

vorastra

So, I've launched a rocket to Duna, but forgot to check transfer window before that. I decided to warp time in tracking station, the old way. And found out all the options beyond 1000 are greyed out. Why? I am not focusing on craft right now. I could easily do this in KSP 1.pJUm2oo.png

It's probably because tracking station and map view use the same system now (this is why you can quickly switch) but the time warp limits that apply to controlled vessels in orbit also apply to everything when in TS.

Encountered this as well. Even exited to KSC (which loads you back to Kerbin) to get into the tracking station again in hope the craft wouldn't be active anymore but nope... still wasn't able to accelerate time to a reasonable speed.

Same here. While annoying, there is a work around: Go to the VAB, new craft (anything, single capsule works..), and launch. This is now the active vessel (landed), which allows higher time warp in tracking station (even after it is recovered or destroyed - before switching back to the craft in orbit).