Looking for information related to KSP2 mod development.

bradyns

G'day!

It's early days for Kerbal Space Program 2, but I am wondering if there are any relevant resources regarding development for modifications for KSP2.

•  Has there been any official/unofficial information or tools released?
  •  Are there any unofficial community forums or resource locations which could be of invaluable assistance?

I have not developed any mods for KSP1 other than editing files here and there to my liking, but am looking to try my hand at some more involved tinkering.

Cheers in advance,

Bradyns

Bepinex works. You can get it here: https://spacedock.info/mod/3255/BepInEx for KSP 2

There are no binaries on Bepinex nuget yet, but you can load assemblies copied straight from the Managed folder and they work fine.

A custom asset bundle has loaded great, no issues. The Unity version is 2020.3.33, you can download it if you want to package your own assetbundles. If you are fine with code-only plugins there is no need. The KSP2 architecture looks pretty good, you can get a reference to the GameInstance singleton from any KerbalMonoBehavior, just iterate through the active scene root objects to find the first one. The singleton contains pretty much everything, you can get a refence to the UI system and start drawing new windows. 

I'm pretty sure the APIs will change often, but so what? Let them break the mods, we'll fix them. Right now the game is in a rough state, the maneuver nodes are close to unusable, no way to see orbit parameters after an adjustment, the interplanetary travel is almost unusable. This can be patched with reasonable effort with mods, then the developers can catch up with proper fixes at their own pace. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 3:18 PM, antra said:

Bepinex works. You can get it here: https://spacedock.info/mod/3255/BepInEx for KSP 2

There are no binaries on Bepinex nuget yet, but you can load assemblies copied straight from the Managed folder and they work fine.

A custom asset bundle has loaded great, no issues. The Unity version is 2020.3.33, you can download it if you want to package your own assetbundles. If you are fine with code-only plugins there is no need. The KSP2 architecture looks pretty good, you can get a reference to the GameInstance singleton from any KerbalMonoBehavior, just iterate through the active scene root objects to find the first one. The singleton contains pretty much everything, you can get a refence to the UI system and start drawing new windows. 

I'm pretty sure the APIs will change often, but so what? Let them break the mods, we'll fix them. Right now the game is in a rough state, the maneuver nodes are close to unusable, no way to see orbit parameters after an adjustment, the interplanetary travel is almost unusable. This can be patched with reasonable effort with mods, then the developers can catch up with proper fixes at their own pace. 

Hello. I have Unity 2020.3.23f1. Do you think that Unity version would work with it, even though it's a slightly older version? If not, would Unity 2021.1.9f1 work with it instead? Since I also have that version of Unity as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.