Commnet

I have run into an issue with the com net where sometimes objects with remote control, antenna, and even dishes loose comm net when they undergo stage separation I wonder if this is a bug if i am doing something wrong. I realy hope to solve this ASAP as this makes the game unplayable for me.

The two following objects flew up in one rocket with the first no connection while the other has. The first one lost connection immidiatly after stage seperation it is a bit hard to spot but on the oposite side of the dish there is one of those flat antenna.

jQEk7AG.png

This one has two deployable antenna and this is it but it kept CommNet connection even with the antenna undeployed 

W33Bnch.png

Please help i just can not figure out why the above module just doesn't connect to commnet

I'm convinced there's a bug.  I made a relay satellite with multiple antennas including an RA-100, plenty of power, etc.  Lost comms immediately on separation from my orbital insertion stage, despite only being about a million meters above KSC.

22 minutes ago, esorth said:

I'm convinced there's a bug.  I made a relay satellite with multiple antennas including an RA-100, plenty of power, etc.  Lost comms immediately on separation from my orbital insertion stage, despite only being about a million meters above KSC.

Now that you say it i had the same bug before a fresh re install but during launch meaning still inside the atmosphere

This worked great! Anyone know how to change the name of a separated vessel? I liked what KSP1 did where it was automatically named <primary vessel> probe or some such, but instead I've got a comm sat called "Default Name-7". I've tried with the part interface and looking at the probe core, but no luck there. Also tried at the tracking station, and no joy there either. In fact, I found it didn't seem to work when selecting debris and destroy it, although I was able to accomplish that from the flight view by right clicking on a debris object to delete it that way.

Edited by schlosrat

1 hour ago, Snips said:

You can change the name in the tracking station, but due to a bug it's not permanent.

Can you elaborate please? I went to the tracking station but apparently didn't look hard enough as I didn't see a way to do it even temporarily. I ask since they may fix that bug and so I may need to use that.

12 hours ago, schlosrat said:

Can you elaborate please? I went to the tracking station but apparently didn't look hard enough as I didn't see a way to do it even temporarily. I ask since they may fix that bug and so I may need to use that.

Hi

Sure, just go to your tracking station, select the craft you want to rename on the left side, and then click on the "pencil icon" in the right upper corner. It's in the so called information panel, besides the favorite-star and the name. But as soon as you left the tracking station the old name is back again. At least on my installtion.

3 hours ago, Snips said:

Hi

Sure, just go to your tracking station, select the craft you want to rename on the left side, and then click on the "pencil icon" in the right upper corner. It's in the so called information panel, besides the favorite-star and the name. But as soon as you left the tracking station the old name is back again. At least on my installtion.

Thanks! Yep, I get the same effect. Also, trying to edit more than one craft's name is problematic. You do the first, then attempt to go to the next and instead it edits the first one. All sorts of weirdness here. All the same at least the hooks are in place to edit craft names in the future.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2023 at 7:39 PM, Snips said:

Here is a workaround that did it for me:

1. seperate
2. switch active vessel
3. quicksave
4. quickload
-> CommNet should be available for both vessels

Thanks, quicksave and quickload worked. I thought it was strange a probe core with 50Mm range would be out of range while orbiting Kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.