Fuel transfers through decoupler with crossfeed disabled

FuelX

1 hour ago, Macenzie said:

It looks like a bug that attaching certain parts to tanks make them crossfeed. Procedural farings seem to do that too.

Well that seems to explain my issues... So the alternative to making a lander is...make a lander that doesn't land? :huh:

1 hour ago, Cailean_556 said:

Well that seems to explain my issues... So the alternative to making a lander is...make a lander that doesn't land? :huh:

Yeah, I've been landing on the Mun and Mimnus very carefully on my engine bell :P

9 hours ago, jfjohnny5 said:

At first I had solar panels radially attached, yes. I did remove those as well, but the issue persisted. I then made a brand new rocket following the exact same design.. and this time it was fine. So, it's everyone's favorite type of issue: intermittent.

Yup. For the same vessel I quick loaded at different times to the same point

One time it wasn't draining the upper stage fuel

The next it was. Then it was again. Then it wasn't

Seems random :huh: No pattern

On 2/26/2023 at 2:44 AM, Macenzie said:

As Sea_Kerman says, it's most likely the landing struts causing the tank to drain.

Hold on, you're telling me that the landing struts that i'm currently using are causing them to drain?

2 questions,

1.) how did you come to that conclusion?
2.) is it limited by a certain type of landing struts or are they just landing struts all around until the bug is fixed?

On 2/26/2023 at 2:44 AM, Macenzie said:

As Sea_Kerman says, it's most likely the landing struts causing the tank to drain.

In another post it was concluded it may not be the landing gear, as this person didn't have any

There appear to be other parts that trigger this too, I had it happen with procedural farings

6 minutes ago, Stringson said:

Hold on, you're telling me that the landing struts that i'm currently using are causing them to drain?

2 questions,

1.) how did you come to that conclusion?
2.) is it limited by a certain type of landing struts or are they just landing struts all around until the bug is fixed?

I've tested it and found the same issue, removed the landing struts and the problem went away.

I believe I've tested the small and medium legs so far

Alright I can confirm - it only happens  if you are using Medium Landing Legs (MD) AND Launch Clamps. Any other combination is just fine.

However Medium Landing Legs (MD) and Launch Clamps will cause your upper stage to be empty when its her time to shine. So only use one or the other until it's fixed.image.png

1 minute ago, Blitzwing said:

Alright I can confirm - it only happens  if you are using Medium Landing Legs (MD) AND Launch Clamps. Any other combination is just fine.

However Medium Landing Legs (MD) and Launch Clamps will cause your upper stage to be empty when its her time to shine. So only use one or the other until it's fixed.

In my testing, using a stock Kerbal-K2, all I had to do was add one Medium Landing Leg to break things: 

9 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

In my testing, using a stock Kerbal-K2, all I had to do was add one Medium Landing Leg to break things: 

Interesting...

In my test setup I used all small parts - capsule (with parachute), fuel tank (with landing legs), terrier, decupler, fuel tank (with launch clamps), swivel

The bug occurred only on medium landing legs with launch clamps

But several events can cause the same bug. So we have at least two ways to break a rocket! :cool:

On 2/26/2023 at 5:11 AM, omega2003 said:

This bug appears when the legs are attached directly to a tank.

workaround Add a (structure) part between tank and your legs.

This didn't work on my side. I added a structure part between tanks, put my medium legs on it but it still not working

Hello engineers,

i ve build a rocket with 3 stages (3 different engines and 3 different fueltanks). The first engine works well, just using fuel from his direct connected fuel tank. But the second engine also uses fuel from the third fuel tank not directly connected to it. I rebuild this rocket several times but always i ve the same problem. I don t know where i do the mistake. There are no fuel lines or anything else. Maybe someone has an advice?

https://imgur.com/a/CBm9Jc8