Mun arch in KSP 2 (SPOILER)

gussi111

7 minutes ago, TheoBrandt said:
  Hide contents

Wonder if there are more around Kerbol and they acted as like, a stargate system to the new planets.

They already shot that down. After all what's the point of upcoming interstellar drives that take years of in-game time  one way if we're just going to intanyly teleport all over the place

Edited by Drakenred65

15 hours ago, Drakenred65 said:

They already shot that down. After all what's the point of upcoming interstellar drives that take years of in-game time  one way if we're just going to intanyly teleport all over the place

Unless you have to go to the other gate, build a colony to build the supplies and infrastructure to power and maintain it before you can use it. Carrot meet stick.

So I visited the Mun Arch today and saw nothing but a fancier version of our old favorite from the early days of KSP.  How did you reveal the new version? 

NVM - different Arch, and in fact one I haven't visited in years in KSP at all. I sometimes forget there's more than one!

Edited by LameLefty

Spoiler

KSP2-Mun-Arch-I-Day.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-I.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-II-Day.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-III-Close.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-III-Crown-2.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-III-Detail.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-III-Night.png

My head is spinning from orbiting so much at 10 km...

I'm kind of disappointed regarding the planet.

Spoiler

So we know krakens have X for eyes, clearly there's krakens coming spreading their limbs towards the Kerbol system.
I guess I have to go explore Bop. The synopsis for it in the Tracking Station was interesting...

Edited by Vl3d

1 hour ago, KerikBalm said:

Welp, that's a possibility I brought up when discussing the mun Arch as evidence of another hidden planet.

Rather anti-climactic... Unless the hidden planet comes in a later update, and the mun arch changes with the update too

Stargate, baby.  My guess is the very late-stage tech tree will unlock quantum teleportation to any body depicted on the arch. There will probably be two more solar systems added in the game when it's done, with transportation to/from all of them via similar arches. But it will require a huge amount of Science(tm) to unlock, and we'll have to send "conventional" interstellar missions to explore each system and locate the corresponding arch to complete the gate. 

That's my head-canon until proven/disclosed otherwise. :)

4 hours ago, Vl3d said:
  Hide contents

KSP2-Mun-Arch-I-Day.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-I.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-II-Day.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-III-Close.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-III-Crown-2.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-III-Detail.png

KSP2-Mun-Arch-III-Night.png

My head is spinning from orbiting so much at 10 km...

I'm kind of disappointed regarding the planet.

Hide contents

So we know krakens have X for eyes, clearly there's krakens coming spreading their limbs towards the Kerbol system.
I guess I have to go explore Bop. The synopsis for it in the Tracking Station was interesting...

I'm trying to delete this comment.  No idea how lol.

Edited by Chilkoot

4 hours ago, CInfDef said:

They're just so vague and strange (Mainly Tylo, Minmus, and Duna)

Without mentioning what they are or posting images of the anomalies, can you please just show their locations in this thread below?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.