Very Kerbal design choices at the KSC

cubinator

Everything about the design of the Kerbal Space Center campus screams "Made by Kerbals"...Keeping in mind that most rockets are launching east, here are a few instances I've noticed of things being designed to be as hazardous as possible:

-Launch sites directly downrange of one another

-R&D/Training/etc. is directly downrange of multiple launch sites

-Aircraft control tower should theoretically have a good view in all directions, but is blocked by the VAB right next to it

-All landing pads west of VAB: If a booster is performing a RTLS to one of these pads, it must fly directly over the Tracking Station and VAB.

4 hours ago, cubinator said:

Everything about the design of the Kerbal Space Center campus screams "Made by Kerbals"...Keeping in mind that most rockets are launching east, here are a few instances I've noticed of things being designed to be as hazardous as possible:

-Launch sites directly downrange of one another

-R&D/Training/etc. is directly downrange of multiple launch sites

-Aircraft control tower should theoretically have a good view in all directions, but is blocked by the VAB right next to it

-All landing pads west of VAB: If a booster is performing a RTLS to one of these pads, it must fly directly over the Tracking Station and VAB.

Sounds fun to me. But I agree that the Aircraft Control Tower should be moved. Also we need a road to the docks and some bridges.

Edited by Vl3d

13 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

The difference is..?

The difference being if they plan stage recovery being a thing. 

13 hours ago, cubinator said:

Who's to stop you?

Nothing. I was just wondering on if it would be automatic once you do the first booster recovery for a given design or if they plan on something like that one recovery mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.