[0.17] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Normak

Don't know if this is a touchy subject or not, but On the VA, the lower decoupler, does it actually decouple, or is that functionality to-be-added at a later date? I installed the plugins in the VA pack as well as the VA parts into the parts folder. As far as I can tell, it's not my fault.

Also, on the top boosters, they engage like they should, but when they are spent, the sound and particle system doesn't stop for two of the boosters. When the nose separates, it doesn't start flipping or anything as if there were thrust, it just separates like it should. I pretty much did a LES testing rocket, and found this problem. I don't have the particle effects in the VAB for some of the other engines, so like I said, the plugins are installed correctly.

I'm having precisely the same problems. I don't know how to decouple the decoupler. Animation starts at some odd moment, since the "clamp" on VA's back is detached when I try to decouple it, but the decoupler itself stays attached no matter what I do. The engine thing also happens to me.

Okay, so, managed to get the VA to work. What I did was make a new fresh KSP install, and then put the VA in there first. The decoupler worked, however the two rockets not shutting off is still a problem. I installed all of my mods, and the decoupler still works. So, I have no idea what happened.

I'd really love to know which of these two are recommended.

You can try both and decide for yourself:

- ORDA has the most sophisticated autopilot that can pretty much rendez-vous and dock on it's own. However, the docking is fragile for the moment. There is a better version in the works.

- Erkle requires that you rendez-vous and dock manually, and pulls you in like a magnet on the last few meters. The docking is more solid, but still sometimes undocks you if you warp for too long.

You can have both on your ship. You can use the ORDA computer to stabilize the target ship and dock with Erkle.

I like your mod and artwork. But this time I had a really tough time with it because your Engines were wobbly as hell and I couldn't get a Rocket working good.

And finally I found out what was the issue:

You have made a tiny mistake on your big vectored engines.

I the part.cfg you have writen:

gymbalRange = 0.5 instead of gimbalRange = 0.5

Thats why ingame is written Gimbal Range = 2.5 and every roket is wobly as hell at least for me.

eh.. first the VA needs to be tackled. the current assembly line production of stuff i set up has mistakes and the capsule itself needs some assistance.. it was a nice prototype. but now I have a clear vision of what I want to do.

So i will get my back materials all set up and ready and such. then get the VA capsule going with my updated modelling abilities. probably figure out the common kosmos Door and then i will probably have a good idea how to progress. dragon and APAS-69 were good practice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.