rpzBMrP.png

62ju4NU.png

QW3KXfO.jpeg

Download

Source

Installation instructions:

1. Install BepInEx
  2. Download & extract the mod over the top of the BepInEx install
  3. Place your custom flags (.png files) inside of a new folder "Kerbal Space Program 2\flags". The plugin will create the folder for you on launch if it doesn't exist

The flags can be any size; they will be stretched accordingly.

Edited by bbepis

1 hour ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Can a current save's flag be changed at the moment? I'd love to use this mod to change my current save :)

Check your save game files I remember seeing something in one of the JSON files about the flag. Sorry not on PC at present to provide more detailed instructions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sometimes on game load, my custom flag is gone, and replaced with a distorted version of the default KSP flag. Any idea what's causing this? The save points to the correct file... though there are spaces in the file name. Could that be causing it?

It tends to work fine at first, then once it loads wrong, it's always wrong. :\

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

For those wondering how to get it to work in For: Science! (0.2.x), please read this comment.

DISCLAIMER: Usage of deprecated mods is not advised for the long-term. Keep an eye on your CKAN :)

FINAL NOTE: This works as of 19 Dec 2023, KSP2 0.2.0.0.30291 --- If you see that UITK, BepInEx, SpaceWarp and Custom Flags are all becoming compatible, you are heavily recommended to uninstall the mods detailed down below. (And to then switch to the compatible versions)

1 - Get CKAN for KSP2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7cDexZq_zY)

2 - CKAN will start with "is:compatible", click the X in the search bar to disable this filter.

3 - Browse for "UITK For KSP2". Click it. Press Versions. Then select the most recent one available.

4 - Browse for "BepInEx". Click it. Press Versions. Then select the most recent one available.

5 - Browse for "SpaceWarp". Click it. Press Versions. Then select the most recent one available.

6 - Browse for "Custom Flags". Click it. Press Versions. Then select the most recent one available.

7 - Hit "Apply". You will get a warning that these are outdated. Tell CKAN that it's all right.

8 - Now in your KSP2 folder, create a "flags" folder. Insert your .png file(s) here. Make sure they are at least 512x300px.

9 - Through CKAN or Steam, launch the game. You may need to launch it twice if this is the first time ur launching with these mods.

10 - Enjoy your custom flags

Edited by Yumasai
Made my note more specific by referencing that when the stuff becomes compatible people should use that instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this mod and have added tons of custom country and real life agency flags to my game. However, I found the mod after I had spent a decent amount of time into a science campaign and wanted to switch the my vanilla flag. So I headed to my most recent save file and compared it against a new game with my custom flag chosen from the start of the save and found out that it was only found on the FlagSpriteLocation line and no where else that I could see. So I found that line in my campaign save and copy/pasted the same line with the custom flag location but it will not update in my game. I can't find any other lines within the .json file that would need to be updated so I'm wondering: is it even possible to change your flag mid-game at all?  There's no flag data in the .meta file, so I'm at a loss unless someone else knows of a method to do the switch?

17 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

I love this mod and have added tons of custom country and real life agency flags to my game. However, I found the mod after I had spent a decent amount of time into a science campaign and wanted to switch the my vanilla flag. So I headed to my most recent save file and compared it against a new game with my custom flag chosen from the start of the save and found out that it was only found on the FlagSpriteLocation line and no where else that I could see. So I found that line in my campaign save and copy/pasted the same line with the custom flag location but it will not update in my game. I can't find any other lines within the .json file that would need to be updated so I'm wondering: is it even possible to change your flag mid-game at all?  There's no flag data in the .meta file, so I'm at a loss unless someone else knows of a method to do the switch?

KSP 2 packs a lot more stuff into Unity assets instead of easily accessible files, so I suspect changing the flag mid-game may need an interface like the Patch Manager mod, but I defer to @cheese3660 on this.

Edited by Deadly_Laser

On 1/7/2024 at 3:23 PM, Deadly_Laser said:

KSP 2 packs a lot more stuff into Unity assets instead of easily accessible files, so I suspect changing the flag mid-game may need an interface like the Patch Manager mod, but I defer to @cheese3660 on this.

Ahhhh that makes sense. I figured it would just be a "pointer" in the save .json file, but it's never that easy, is it? Guess it's time I start brushing up on one of the languages I'm not quote fluent in (until they implement flag changes mid-game or some other cheeky modder finds an alternate method. Thanks for the response, looking forward to this being in every KSP 2 saves for the next 12 years XD