• Steam Early Access (0.1.0.0.20892)
    • Visual settings on HIGH
  • System Information
    • Windows 10 Home (10.019044)
    • Intel i5-7400 CPU
    • ASUS Phoenix RTX 3050 (8GB VRAM)
    • 16GB (RAM)
  • Description of the bug.
    • Shadows from Kerbol appear/disappear depending on the camera angle. This occurs on the poles of a planet, in this case the North Pole of Kerbin.
  • Steps to replicate.
  1. Go to the poles of a planet (e.g Kerbin North Pole)
  2. Turn the camera around, the lighting should flicker on and off.
  • Attachments

Edited by Anth12
Added additional attachments

• 3 months later...

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045) | CPU: Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti | RAM32.0 GB

• Game Information
    • v0.1.3
    • Visual settings on HIGH
  • System Information
    • Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
    • Graphics Card - ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti
    • Memory - 32.0 GB (2933 MHz 4 Sticks)
    • System Version - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045)
  • Description: I'm not sure of the circumstances of the bug, but as of version 0.1.3 in KSP2, the lighting on poles will flicker.
  • How to Replicate: The lighting flickers based on camera movement and angle. I have tested this out in-vehicle and out-of-vehicle. I have so far only tested this on the Mun, but User LezRow https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/topic/213091-kerbin-north-pole-lighting/ has tested this on Kerbin (in Steam Early Access 0.1.0.0.20892), further testing that it happens on both poles on Kerbin. I can only assume that the same case would be the same for all celestial bodies, I haven't the time to test out such theories.

I would love to know if this is an issue that could be resolved anytime, I know you developers have a lot on your guys plate, I was just informing you that this bug does exist and may require little testing. If you have read this thank you for reading and cheers to fully realized KSP2!

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram22023-06-2501-45-02.mp4

Edited by swagmeista