Cannot Trash Currently Held Part In VAB

CyberSiren

When parts are removed they sometime auto-lock to nearby parts. When they are in this auto-locked state, they cannot be deleted by dropping them on the trash icon, they can also not be deleted by placing them in the black space of the part picker. Clicking in the part picker with a part 'in-hand' should dump the part.

EDIT: I've played with this bug a little more and I think I understand something related to its cause. Whenever there is a part in the VAB behind the trash icon in the UI it does not allow the item to be trashed. However if you move the game camera so no parts are behind the UI then it lets you trash the part! (Most of the time...)

System Details

• KSP Version: 0.1.0.0.20892
  • Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621 Build 2262
  • CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX A2000 8GB Laptop GPU 
  • GPU Driver Version    31.0.15.282
  • RAM: 32GB
Edited by CyberSiren

I've also found that when the trash icon/pane is on top of another part (i.e. it is hiding that part from view), I can't trash the currently held part. Once I move the camera view so that the trash box does not overlap with any other part, then it  works as expected.

Also on 0.1.0.0.20892.

18 hours ago, AK1445 said:

I've also found that when the trash icon/pane is on top of another part (i.e. it is hiding that part from view), I can't trash the currently held part. Once I move the camera view so that the trash box does not overlap with any other part, then it  works as expected.

Also on 0.1.0.0.20892.

I noticed this quirk as well. I updated the OP