Sticky Orbit Markers: Show Ap/Pe during maneuver plotting

munix

Sticky Orbit Markers

This mod is now deprecated and superseded by Community Fixes:

Original post:

One of the most annoying features (or lack thereof) in the KSP 2 EA for me (and I'm sure many others) has been the fact that your pinned Ap/Pe markers disappear when using the maneuver tool, making it impossible to know your post-maneuver orbit without going back and forth between the markers and the maneuver.

This mod fixes that!

Spoiler

Sticky_Orbit_Markers-1677384937.png

Apoapsis and periapsis shown while dragging the prograde marker on the maneuver tool

Installation

1. Download and install SpaceWarp
  2. Download Sticky Orbit Markers and extract the zip file into your game install folder ("Kerbal Space Program 2")
  3. Enjoy your markers!

Video guide:

Spoiler

Source code

https://github.com/jan-bures/StickyOrbitMarkers

Download latest release

https://spacedock.info/mod/3264/Sticky Orbit Markers

or 

https://github.com/jan-bures/StickyOrbitMarkers/releases

License

MIT

Edited by munix
Mod deprecated

17 hours ago, munix said:

One of the most annoying features (or lack thereof) in the KSP 2 EA for me (and I'm sure many others) has been the fact that your pinned Ap/Pe markers disappear when using the maneuver tool, making it impossible to know your post-maneuver orbit without going back and forth between the markers and the maneuver.

34 minutes ago, danfarnsy said:

Thank you for your service

Downloading this when I get home. If all I get is sticky markers, I can deal with all the bugs! 

That was my case too! Thanks a lot. It's ridiculous that after so many year of using KSP1 such an obvious thing was not implemented in KSP2. It was a great surprise to me (and one of disappointments too).

Version 0.2.0

2aJZrjS.png

The mod now supports loading using the SpaceWarp mod loader!

If you still want to use BepInEx (for example to load some other mods that are exclusive for it), you can! SpaceWarp supports being loaded as a BepInEx plugin from version 0.2.5 so you can use both at the same time.

26 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

That was my case too! Thanks a lot. It's ridiculous that after so many year of using KSP1 such an obvious thing was not implemented in KSP2. It was a great surprise to me (and one of disappointments too).

The weird part is that it seemed to be done very much on purpose, as for why, I honestly can't imagine.

Edited by munix

30 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

@munix

Any chance you can give a few screenshots of where we are supposed to install stuff to?  "Download and install SpaceWarp".  Where do we install this at?

For SpaceWarp installation, I see this thread has been made, I saw the Matt Lowne video earlier and he shows it nicely step-by-step:

As for the mod itself, when you get SpaceWarp up and running, just download the zip and extract it into the KSP folder.

Hope that helps.

36 minutes ago, munix said:

For SpaceWarp installation, I see this thread has been made, I saw the Matt Lowne video earlier and he shows it nicely step-by-step:

As for the mod itself, when you get SpaceWarp up and running, just download the zip and extract it into the KSP folder.

Hope that helps.

Actually, that doesn't help.  Lowne goes way too fast for me to follow, and even when I was finally able to get the zip files downloaded and put in the locations, it didn't work.  I'd really like a step-by-step tutorial on this please.

39 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Actually, that doesn't help.  Lowne goes way too fast for me to follow, and even when I was finally able to get the zip files downloaded and put in the locations, it didn't work.  I'd really like a step-by-step tutorial on this please.

I'll to show you by memory but it may not be helpful (I'm at work).

I didn't use the mod loader, I downloaded space warp directly. It must be version 5.xx not 6.xx. that could be the issue. Extract to root KSP2 folder.

The mod is where I don't recall, open the mod .zip and extract it to the folder in the root KSP2 directory that matches the name, I believe it's "plug-ins".

8 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Alright, I'll try:

Is that any better?

15 hours ago, munix said:

I knew I wasn't the only one annoyed by that :D Glad to help out

Looks like my post didn't go through yesterday. 

You are a savior. This helps so much for precise maneuvers,  at least as close as we can get for now. I dont mind the kraken taking my rockets and all the bugs, just needed this to get more playable. Thank you!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.