My first impressions

Hi, I tried KSP2 and these are my first impressions and suggestions. I made a list and divided into two parts the casual and the important list.

So I launched KSP2 for the first time and my first thought was, can I run the game? And I could! But I have a GTX 1650 and it was ok I had 10-20 FPS and 60-ish in the VAB (low graphics, 1080) so here comes my first worry about the game: Can the devs optimise it so much that I can launch a 1k+ part rocket without lag and an ok FPS e.g. 30-35? And I don't know because if not then I don't know the interstellar travelling how will be achieved without a high end PC. I'm worrying about the noodle rockets because how would I launch a massive rocket if it's wiggling around I don't think this was a good idea to keep this feature. But yet I'm hopeful (good luck dev team :) ).  And what I got for this FPS? A very good looking KSP2 and the graphics didn't get bad even if I'm playing at low settings. When I started playing I got into the VAB and started building a rocket to orbit. One of the first things I encountered was the controls and the green highlight lines those were quite annoying for me. I think if they would be thinner they wouldn't be annoying. The new parts are really good and I'm wondering what could I do with them when the performance will be better.  And the engines were very nostalgic and I think later in the development they could get other forms like the engines in KSP. But I didn't like that the DeltaV calculator wasn't working properly in the VAB and didn't show me DeltaV / stage data. I hope this will get fixed soon.  So when I finished the rocket I put it into the launchpad and watched  the countdown I really liked it. :) And when it launched the sounds were very good too. But when I got into the higher atmosphere I encountered with a really weird thing. I couldn't turn my rocket trough  the orbital prograde marker (I had a Mammoth engine and wings) but fortunately after I decupled it fixed (sometimes I couldn't decouple the fix was to change the decoupler into separator and back and constantly launching).  And the gyroscopes were very weak. When I wanted to make the orbit I could pin the Ap and Pe but when I switched into the maneuver node they disappear it was quite annoying both of them because I could pin the Ap but not as easily as in KSP sometimes they just weren't appear.  And the last thing I think maybe the communication e.g. about the recommended specs. Because the devs could publish this sooner and say that "Sorry the performance will be bad at day 1 but we will fix it as quickly as possible" or anything other then "we take your feedback very seriously", something to  calm down the community. And I'm still excited about the game and would like to hear about the coming updates just a bit more.
Overall I thing the KSP2  can be a really good game if the performance get better and some quality of life features get into the game. I say good luck to the developer team and I hope they can fix the game.

Important list:
  -Performance
  -TWR
  -DeltaV Tools (from KSP): I would like to see my TWR and DeltaV on different celestial bodies. If the celestial body has atmosphere then what are my DeltaV stats. And TWR / stage, and not just the first stage's TWR.
  -Auto struts
  -Controls in the VAB: I miss the KSP controls from the VAB because it's really bug me that I cant scroll for moving up and down (It's really helpful for rocket building) and the new method is really slow (but it might be a bug idk), the SHIFT+ Click to drag the hole ship and the CTRL+ Z.
  -Parts manager: I don't like the new part manager. It's a god idea but in action it isn't working because it's too big and hard to close, when you have 30+ parts the game freeze for a sec to open it and hard to see through.

Casual list:
  -Maneuver, remaining DeltaV and burn time: In the maneuver window I would like to have a "remaining DeltaV" row. Because I don't know from a white line that how many much I have to burn. This can be under the "Required DeltaV" line. The other one is the burn time because now this appears when I start the burn and this is a bit late when I try to do very small maneuvers and I reduce the trust of the engine. This can be under or above the "Start burn" line.
  -Transfer window: I think that some transfer window features can be implemented to the game. Particularly the  time indicator. This would show the time when will be a transfer window to another planet .  You could open this window and with one click you could add the time to your alarm clock. I think that this feature is enough, I don't think that we would need so many numbers, stats etc. 
  -Trip planner start changing: In the VAB we have a trip planner thing and this is great but I can't change the "From" body to another planet or moon. This would be important when the performance get better.
  -Fairing building: I encountered with a bug a lot this bug is when I take off the fairing and put it back it disappear. It wouldn't be a problem if I could build a fairing with 5 clicks but with this new system the fairing building is slow, hard and complicated. I think if the old building method would be enabled with holding e.g. SHIF and if I want something more precise I would use the "stock" new method.
  -Gyroscope strength: I don't know what you've (developers) done with gyroscope strengths but I feel that they are useless when I want to steer a bit bigger rocket and this is good in some way but I think it would be great if this would be a setting and I could adjust the strength of the gyroscopes. And it could change with the stock settings (easy, normal, hard).
  -Docking: I think the lowne lazy method of docking could work but an interface like the docking port alignment indicator mod in KSP would be the best. I miss this from KSP because whenever KSP got an update I don't dock until the mod was updated (even if I could :) ). In my opinion this is a very important thing that needs to be implemented soon because it helps with docking A LOT. In the game it can be e.g. a part of the probe system from some point and obviously the Kerbals have access to it or it can be a device that looks like a camera that enables this feature.
  -Cheat menu: The Alt+ F12 is a really important part of KSP if I want to test something e.g. a probe system, a lander, a rover, recording a video etc. I think it needs to be implemented.
  -Alarm Clock: This is originally a mod for KSP but later it was implemented into the base game and I think that because of the multiplayer and the fact that now the time works in the VAB I think this is an important feature to don't miss anything. Including the transfer windows.
  -Maneuver tool: 
  -More maneuver: I don't that this is a bug or not but if I make a maneuver I can't make another one on the modificated path. I think it would be good to have more.
  -KER: landing place indicator: This  is a feature of Kerbal Engineer Redux and I think it will be helpful when you want to land on a landing pad of a colony. Before colonies it can be helpful but not often.
  -Big xenon engine: I think that if the nuclear engines got a bigger form I think that the xenon engines deserve that too.
  -More rover parts: This might already be part of the development but I would like to see some new and old rover cockpits.
  -First person: I would like to see the old cockpits with the new interior and the new cockpits interior :) 
  -Noodle rockets: I don't think this was necessary. The solution could be to apply automatically Auto struts.

Edited by Tron_a

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.