Unstable payload

hi, I'm trying to figure out why all those parts that I put into a fairing are not stable, are not steady, they are moving
because I can't autostrut them in the usual way.
I mean i usually autostrut all the part to the root part, but when into a fairing, the root part is no longer the command module,
the root part changes, the root part is the below hinge,
same for all other underlying parts. why?

autostruts.png

Edited by antipro

2 hours ago, snekyboi said:

You can change your root part using one of the build modes, on the right to your build panel. Does that solve it?

those buttons on top left.. I know I can change the root part, but here the problem is the root is already the command pod, except for the stuffs attached into the fairing, so i don't know how to use the re-root button in this case.
of course I can easily solve the problem using a couple of struts, but I'd like to understand why of this behavior.

Edited by antipro

Robotic parts have always been wobbly especially with lots of loosely held weight on one/both ends, and autostruts can’t cross over robotics as they’d mangle the entire craft if the robotics parts were moved and the autostruts suddenly recalculated or tried to resist the robotics movements. Use normal struts on whatever parts are on each end of the robotics stuff and you should be OK.

10 hours ago, antipro said:

I mean i usually autostrut all the part to the root part, but when into a fairing, the root part is no longer the command module,
the root part changes, the root part is the below hinge,

Autostruts do not cross unlocked robotic parts. For transport, I would set all those hinges to "locked" and autostrut the attached part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.