no screenshots?

jwenting

5 hours ago, jwenting said:

Seems somebody forgot to allow for taking screenshots if you don't have the Steam version (which maps F12 to make screenshots, but that's Steam, not KSP).

There's no way to map "take screenshot" anywhere in the keyboard assignments.

Use Windows Game Bar (enable it in Settings). WIN+ALT+PrtScr will take a screenshot, name it by game title and date/time, and stick in /Videos/Captures.

Alternately, if you have an Nvidia GPU, you can use GeForce Experience, and hit ALT+F1 to capture screenshots. 

I can highly recommend using Greenshot - it's open source software that provides similar functionality like Snagit, but for free, including automatically saving screenshots, but also having the ability to edit them. Can be mapped to PrtScr so it pretty much works automatically. It's available on my employer's app portal, and they're pretty paranoid about third party software, so I'm confident it's been vetted properly.

On 2/27/2023 at 7:54 AM, Kerbart said:

I can highly recommend using Greenshot - it's open source software that provides similar functionality like Snagit, but for free, including automatically saving screenshots, but also having the ability to edit them. Can be mapped to PrtScr so it pretty much works automatically. It's available on my employer's app portal, and they're pretty paranoid about third party software, so I'm confident it's been vetted properly.

Just wanted to add to the Greenshot recommendation. It's a tier 1 piece of software

I know there are third party solutions, but we shouldn't need them, especially what with screenshot capability existing in KSP1 already for over a decade.

I know greenshot, we use it too at work. And yes, they too are paranoid about using third party software, maybe even more than me.

Edited by jwenting

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.