IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW [Lore breakthrough]

Kerman Von Kerman

20 minutes ago, MarcAbaddon said:

Instant teleportation in a game about semi-realistic spaceflight seems like a bad idea.

It's just fan fiction. KSP will never have teleportation or warp gates / drives.

Far-fetched guess, but I wonder if these mysteries are part of a larger puzzle for locating, collecting, and important refining  resources after the Colonies and Interstellar updates. Resources will vary in terms of rarity and difficulty to gather or process, and I imagine that there's an ultra-rare resource out there that either activates these Star Gates as an end-game convenience or is used to power an OP late game engine. 

The devs have already described how fun multiplayer will be as a "Space Race," and while it's possible that they have no intention of adding a finish line, I lean towards this involving some sort of multi-step, sequential puzzle a la void gates in Minecraft. 

Excited w/ whatever it ends up being. :)

So, it’s not really part of the “lore” as such, and certainly not as plainly anomalous as the “Stargate” Munarch, or the statues on Minmus, Duna and Tylo, but there’s something intriguingly “off” about Dres.  Most people by now realize it has a set of small rings now, but when you het a chance, take a look at the equator - it’s got a prominent ridge line now that seems to circumscribe the entire planet. It looks almost like something got the little planetoid spinning so fast, it created an equatorial ridge and threw material off into space that formed rings. 

Just now, LameLefty said:

So, it’s not really part of the “lore” as such, and certainly not as plainly anomalous as the “Stargate” Munarch, or the statues on Minmus, Duna and Tylo, but there’s something intriguingly “off” about Dres.  Most people by now realize it has a set of small rings now, but when you het a chance, take a look at the equator - it’s got a prominent ridge line now that seems to circumscribe the entire planet. It looks almost like something got the little planetoid spinning so fast, it created an equatorial ridge and threw material off into space that formed rings. 

I'd figure you're just joking, but...

21 minutes ago, Sequence said:

It's almost certainly modelled after Saturn's moon Iapetus.

Probably, but in a game with ancient artifacts scattered around the solar system, I prefer to imagine there’s more going on with poor little Dres than just natural processes. 

My guess is that if they are using the new anomalies to suggest a species of Kraken People similar in form to the ones seen in anomalies around the Kerbol System with those anomalies giving clues to the Interstellar origin of these Kraken People. My guess is that these Kraken People will serve as a reason for players to go Interstellar in search of these Kraken people in the Deb Deb system or the other unannounced system motivating the player to go Interstellar rather than go Interstellar just because they can.

On 3/6/2023 at 9:58 AM, MarcAbaddon said:

Instant teleportation in a game about semi-realistic spaceflight seems like a bad idea.

I would hate to have "stargate" style travel in KSP 2.  I prefer making KSP 1 a bit more realistic (simple life support mods) and features that seem like right out of a sci-fi movie would destroy part of what I like about KSP. 

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.