Name Your Children After Kerbals.

DGatsby

I'm gonna be creative and name my children "Destiny" "Miracle" and "Trinity"! -every dumb parent ever.

Freakonomics suggests children with these names are the victims of subconscious discrimination when it comes to job applications.

If John Smith is a computer programmer, and Destiny/Shequawn/etc. is a computer programmer, chances are they won't get the job with the same qualifications.

Which is why job applications should be handled with a measure of rigor similar to scientific double-blind testing. If I conduct a job interview, I want the person's voice distorted, their name blacked-out on the resume, and they should be behind frosted glass. All I want is their qualifications. Hell, make them converse with me over an instant messenger, so I could only potentially judge them based on their grammar, or lack of it (which would be a valuable indicator of whether or not they can write well, which is an important skill).

no, it was specifically spelled le-a and she made a hgue point in makign sure people knew it was pronounced luh dash uh, i know its stupid.

I know, in my example the word "dash" would be silence, you would pronounce the -.

I had thought that when I have children I will name my first daughter Luna, and my first son Sol (after The Moon and The Sun, respectively, of course)... then I'll think of the rest as they come... hopefully, I will only have one of each... but Miranda (a moon of Saturn, I believe? EDIT: nope, it's a moon of Uranus) would be another good girl's name.. Titan (another moon of Saturn) or Triton (moon of Neptune) might just work for a boy, but I might have to keep thinking on that one...

Anyway, Solar System bodies would be my theme, is all I am saying.

EDIT: Larissa is another good girl's one from Neptune... and Ariel from Uranus... Elara, from Jupiter... Rhea, Saturn... Actually, most of them are good girl's names, not many good boy's ones.

Edited by LukeTim

I knew a guy studying space engineering called Sol. Pretty awesome.

So a Kerman lottery eh? Fire up your KSP, launch a 1 capsule mission and lets hear your childs name.

I got -

Donsted

Not bad. I can live with that. (dunno if the child can or not, tough, KSP has spoken)

• 2 years later...

Either Jebidiah, or Fredfred. If I have male triplets, you know...

If female, I'll just give them the names' counterparts. (Or the soon-to-come female kerbal names)

(This probably won't happen for another 20 somewhat years though)

Edited by NeatCrown

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.