New star system and moon names discovered in files

wpetula

Well historically the planets with the possible exception of the theoretical super earth were known well enough for us to send probes to them fairly early on.

The first flyby of Venus was 1961 and the first sucsefull flyby was 1962 after all

2 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

I still wish that the game had a mechanism for discovering the different planets. Using a telescope or some such device. The fact you can see all the planets in the tracking station is such a spoiler let down.. 

5 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

I still wish that the game had a mechanism for discovering the different planets. Using a telescope or some such device. The fact you can see all the planets in the tracking station is such a spoiler let down.. 

i dont think anyone would start a space program without knowing that there are planets to visit

but yeah having something like ScanSat mod to gather more detailed data on planets would be dope

Edited by Fullmetal Analyst

1 minute ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

i dont think anyone would start a space program without knowing that there are planets to visit

There was a KSP1 mod (I think it broke at some point) that would replace the planets with little fuzzy blobs the farther they were until you visited them or you observed them with a space telescope.

You realize our 'best' image of Pluto, for the longest time, was like a 15x15 pixel sloppy mess, right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.