Problemecium's Bug Reports

This is admittedly a little non-standard but hopefully it proves fruitful to some degree; I've moved this post from https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/212549-problemeciums-bug-reports-hopefully-im-not-making-a-mistake-posting-this-here and updated it with some corrections and additional details. I played for the first time for about four hours on Friday, including taking all of the tutorials. During that time I jotted down every significant bug I found (i.e. excluding little stutters, inexplicable crashes, and things I just personally didn't like). There were way too many for me to make a thread for every one of them, so here's the whole list. The ones I think are most important to address are in bold:

part selection highlight all over the VAB and around Kerbin
can't remap any non-keyboard inputs (e.g. mouse buttons) or adjust sensitivity of any inputs
mouse wheel sensitivity very low
UI too big
tutorial blocking some parts of UI
UI appears to be designed for pixel perfection at 1080p and scales itself, badly, on other resolutions such as 1440p, resulting in uneven jagged blocky outlines etc.
UI can't be rescaled or repositioned
atmospheres too bright near horizon: as used to be the case in KSP1, atmospheres are nearly white near the horizon, much brighter than the terrain at the same point, which should only occur when within the atmosphere looking out at a sun, not while in space looking down
cannot pause dialogue during tutorials
tutorial progress not saved persistently (automatically) and thus is lost in crashes
cannot use F for momentary SAS toggle
Navball heading marker still not precise, covers actual heading with dot
the Mun is a "terrestrial planet" (further analysis suggests that the "terrestrial planet" text is a placeholder so this is probably known already)
cannot persist vehicle popup in Map (only visible while hovering)
marker popups such as the Apoapsis do not remain open when leaving and re-entering the Map
skybox needs revision, e.g. a lot more stars
tutorials do not define or explain delta-V before referring to it
KSC LOD pop in/out is too close and thus looks horrible
PQS LOD pop ins/outs look bad
cannot change focus using Tab in Tracking Station or Map
yellow alert popups are annoying, are too large, and can't be disabled
end/replay/continue buttons are too similar and not in consistent places leading to confusion
workspace thumbnails are too low resolution and thus blurry
thermal part category popup description truncated ("Disperse and protect against")
several part descriptions truncated or with formatting errors
can't place parts while holding Alt
absolute translate/rotate does not snap to an absolute grid/orientation
cannot deselect parts in translate/rotate mode
undo does not undo colors
Procedural wings in symmetry appear with the first one being a big pink rectangle while the rest are normal
sometimes when adjusting the parameters of a procedural wing in a symmetry group and then detaching and reattaching the group, the wing parameters get reset
Laythe's atmosphere looks like a solid plastic shell
docking ports cannot decouple from preattached state (hopefully not intentional)
cannot view current fuel level in specific tanks or transfer fuel EDIT apparently this is a thing but I couldn't find it so my "bug report" is that maybe we need a hint about how to access this
cannot aim camera at a particular part in flight
cannot adjust camera aim using MMB in flight
default zoom in VAB and flight is too close for large craft
no auto-saved craft on launch (intentional?)
no TWR readout anywhere I can find in the VAB or in flight EDIT apparently this is also a thing that I just couldn't find so same as above
undocking marks the mission as a failure and causes the vessel to stop in place and free fall
saving seems to break randomly!
I was not able to find a clear pattern or trigger for this.

Supplemental information:
KSP version: KSP 2 version 0.1.0.0.20892
Operating system: Windows 10
Hardware: Intel Core i9-10900k, NVidia RTX 3080 Founder's Edition
No mods.

I'm happy to explain any of these in more detail. I hope my calling attention to these helps at least a little, in some way. Obviously Intercept Games has a lot of known issues through which to work and I have no idea how many of these already exist in the bug tracker. Please let me know if there is a more effective way for me to report these.

Edited by problemecium
taaags

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.