Trajectory Line Disappearing

Zozaf Kerman

After a mun landing I made, I took off with my ship off the mun. I opened up my map view to see my apoapsis, and to my surprise, the trajectory line was missing! Luckily, I managed to save Jeb, Bob, and Tim C. Kerman from space without the line (due to my many years of ksp1 lol), but I think this but could be a HUGE issue, especially with new players and interplanetary travel. I have no clue what caused this bug, but I tried reloading and restarting the game to no avail.  
My ksp2 version is release (obv), and I am running windows 10 with an NVidia 3060 ti and a 3rd gen ryzen cpu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • KSP Version - 0.11
  • Operating System and version -  Windows 10 64-bit
  • CPU - Ryzen 3650X
  • GPU - NVidia RTX 3600 12Gb
  • Description of the bug.  
    • Expected Behavior - Separating a probe from launcher with probe core should leave both in the same flight state.
    • Observed Behavior - Separating a probe from launcher with probe core sets the new probe to Landed, no orbit lines etc are available.
  • Steps to Replicate - Launch a rocket with 2+ probe cores (eg multiple comsat launcher) to orbit. Once in orbit stage away the comsat, the released satellite will be in Landed state.
  • Fixes / Workarounds (if known..)
  • A list of ALL mods. None
  • Other Notes / Screenshots / Log Files (if possible..)

I have had the same bug before today's patch, and I still have it after today's patch.

It happens to me in flight, generaly after triggering a stage. Moments before, the trajectory line was here. After triggering the stage... *poof* ...it's gone.

32 minutes ago, Sea_Kerman said:

there was a bug in the previous version that they said they had fixed, if you check in the tracking station it's likely your craft will show as "landed" which is why it's not showing orbit stuff

no i was in map view and controlling the craft
its somehow related to the last decoupled stage

no no, you being "landed" affects your map view as well, and you can still control the craft while "landed", I was just saying the way to check without something like Micro Engineer or looking into the save file is to look in the tracking station

Edited by Sea_Kerman

Some additional information for this.  After experimenting with editing the save to change the name and state of the craft after release I found that the probe initially has the correct 'Orbiting' status on release, and only changes to 'Landed' when you switch control to it.  Hope this helps nail down this annoying bug.

After Landing on the Mun using my craft, I decided to go back to Kerbin. After I decoupled to my ascend stage, I noticed that my trajectory wasn't showing. I was live on twitch and made the clip. I also made a couple of screen shots showing this.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1767714915

image.png?width=1201&height=675image.png?width=1208&height=675

I tried saving and reloading to see if that would fix it, but that would open up another can of kraken. 

Edited by Scidleee

My first v0.1.1.0 launch was even more broken then 0.1.0.0 as I could not see my ship orbital lines from the start

I created a fresh save, with no previous flights or ships

See below for screenshots:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I could see my debris orbit lines, but not my actual ship

The launched probe I had on my ship showed its orbit after undocking, but the main ship carrying the probe was still not showing the orbital lines

Edited by Tazooka
Elaborated

10 minutes ago, VacuousSpace said:

This just happened to me during launch from KSC.  At 90k up the trajectory lines disappeared.  Went to tracking station, it shows the craft state as landed even though it clearly is not.  

Same. Except I don't know about the landed state and I had no lines from launch

21 hours ago, Tazooka said:

I created a fresh save, with no previous flights or ships

Edited by Tazooka
Clarification

15 hours ago, Sea_Kerman said:

Was your craft put in a “landed” state?

yep! stayed there for a while too! Landed in the flats to be safe. Would do mods but this game is constantly changing plus no official installer so il wait until its fully out. It's still playable tho.