KSP 2 Parts Parity Part Deux

RayneCloud

So being awake early and bored, and having counted the parts out before out of sheer boredom, I thought it would be neat to make a more visual representation of the parts parity KSP 2 has with KSP 1. This is just part 1 to see if anyone is interested in more? I just thought it was neat to see what parts are missing, and what new parts we got.

apdknujgfbla1.png?width=771&format=png&a

As a note, the "Command Section" is missing 2 parts from KSP 1 Stock but we gained 5 new parts. So, we went from 23 parts of this type to 26. So a net gain  quite literally :)

Sections

Command: Posted Above
Fuel Tanks: WIP
Engines: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/214189-ksp-2-parts-parity-part-deux/&do=findComment&comment=4249806
Structure: WIP
Coupling: WIP
Payload: WIP
Aerodynamics: WIP
Ground: WIP
Thermal: WIP
Electrical: WIP
Communication: WIP
Utility: WIP

Edited by RayneCloud
Added Update Links to new Sections, spelling and grammar.

1 minute ago, RayneCloud said:

So... more? :)

Yes please :)
Been a while since I played the first one so nice to be able to check what's in now and stop me looking for stuff that I may or may not imagine was in 1 :D

Just now, RayneCloud said:

Later in the day, kiddo to school and then I'll get to it before work. :)

No rush, we have plenty of time

Especially if the updates are coming in "weeks" :joy:

Truth :sob:

Side note, there's 12 total categories of part in KSP 2 and the one that's changed the most (I think) is fuel tanks, (followed by aerodynamics parts) so, these two sections might be a bit off.... 

30 minutes ago, RayneCloud said:

So being awake early and bored, and having counted the parts out before out of sheer boredom, I thought it would be neat to make a more visual representation of the parts parity KSP 2 has with KSP 1. This is just part 1 to see if anyone is interested in more? I just thought it was neat to see what parts are missing, and what new parts we got.

apdknujgfbla1.png?width=771&format=png&a

As a note, the "Command Section" is missing 2 parts from KSP 1 Stock but we gained 5 new parts. So, we went from 23 parts of this type to 26. So a net gain  quite literally :)

But what about Restock+ and the...
zmPiAaO.png

11 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

But what about Restock+

Here you go.

+----------------------------------------------+
|Original Restock+ Part | Is this part in KSP2?|
|        All            |            No        |
+----------------------------------------------+

Edited by Superfluous J

34 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

But what about Restock+ and the...
zmPiAaO.png

This is still mk2 lander can. What's missing is the second variant. And all part variants in fact. But the part is there.

Speaking of categories, there's no longer a Control cat (the one with RCS and SAS), it's all under Utility now.

Still, all things considered, there will be net gain despite the lack of wing panels and science bits.

Edited by The Aziz

36 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

This is still mk2 lander can. What's missing is the second variant. And all part variants in fact. But the part is there.

Speaking of categories, there's no longer a Control cat (the one with RCS and SAS), it's all under Utility now.

Still, all things considered, there will be net gain despite the lack of wing panels and science bits.

I guess for Utility parts in KSP 2  that were in the first game, there'd be a combination of KSP categories

Engines Section is Done, (Tank Section is Huge, gonna take a bit.)

SfbA0NM.pngsq8xYSP.pngHnsIKPd.png

Note: Engine Plates not only obsolete some older engine parts, but massively increase engine options and layout options for lifters, transfer stages, landers, etc

16 minutes ago, RayneCloud said:

Engines Section is Done, (Tank Section is Huge, gonna take a bit.)

SfbA0NM.pngsq8xYSP.pngHnsIKPd.png

Note: Engine Plates not only obsolete some older engine parts, but massively increase engine options and layout options for lifters, transfer stages, landers, etc

The image could use some light gray lines to separate rows.

30 minutes ago, bigyihsuan said:

hehe, I mostly miss the 1.825m parts.

It'd be better if they had a proper Soyuz booster tank though, that thing was a travesty of wrong proportions. Kind of glad it's gone, myself, I don't have to look at it.

Edited by regex

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.