Better Part Manager [dead as of game version 0.1.4.0] - do not use this mod

ShadowDev

Better Part Manager [A new way forward]  (2.2.0)
Do you hate the ingame part manager?
Do you work on large crafts?
Do you hate the lag it generates?

if you answer yes to any of them questions then this is the mod for you.

https://spacedock.info/mod/3292/Better Parts Manager
Im active on the Intercept games discord and the KSP 2 Modding Society.

Requires quantum loader to run mod.

Install Qauntum loader first https://spacedock.info/mod/3425/Quantum Loader
Because of spacewarp 1.4.0 incompatibility with quantum you will need to downgrade spacewarp to 1.3.1

Run ksp2

Then install this mod to /kspinstallppath/GameData/Mods

Legacy modding system version can be found here https://spacedock.info/mod/3442/Better Parts Manager Legacy

The ksp 2 code base is a mess I hate it.
git https://github.com/Bit-Studios/KerbalPartManager License: CC-BY-NC-ND

Edited by ShadowDev
https://spacedock.info/mod/3442/Better%20Parts%20Manager%20Legacy

On 3/2/2023 at 7:42 PM, ShadowDev said:

KSP 1 visuals

Dont get me wrong. Mods are awesome and also this will be awesome. But what i dont understand is that the Game gets its new charme and character taken away. i also saw some mod yesterday that disables P.A.I.G.E. in the game completely. personally i dont get it. The KSP1 UI is very Ugly in Comparison to the KSP2 one. just because we are used to it doesnt mean its better. :) but thats just my personal humble opinion. 

Edited by FrittenFritz

12 minutes ago, FrittenFritz said:

Dont get me wrong. Mods are awesome and also this will be awesome. But what i dont understand is that the Game gets its new charme and character taken away. i also saw some mod yesterday that disables P.A.I.G.E. in the game completely. personally i dont get it. The KSP1 UI is very Ugly in Comparison to the KSP2 one. just because we are used to it doesnt mean its better. :) but thats just my personal humble opinion. 

this will be a config option don't worry. 

image.png

This is the progress on the "Sliders n stuff" update

@ShadowDev

I installed this today, and it works great...mostly.  There are multiple parts (I'm looking directly at the small solar panels) that don't have the option in this new part manager to expand in the VAB and/or in flight.  I can get you screen shots if you'd like?

19 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

@ShadowDev

I installed this today, and it works great...mostly.  There are multiple parts (I'm looking directly at the small solar panels) that don't have the option in this new part manager to expand in the VAB and/or in flight.  I can get you screen shots if you'd like?

This would be good. yes please.

Edited by ShadowDev

Here you go.  The first 2 shots are without your part manager mod installed, while the third one is with the mod installed.

Im4V3rJ.png

CSTOKpr.png

9ioNP1y.png

To be fair, I did try toggling everything I could, but the solar panel would not extend.  And I have no shot on the launchpad with the mod installed because the context menu wouldn't come up at all.  Not for the panel, not for the drone core.  Not at all.

I like it, but it's not always responsive, in my experience. Sometimes I have to click a part multiple times for the part manager to show up, and when it works, sometimes it's a different part.

But overall, good job!

6 hours ago, modus said:

I like it, but it's not always responsive, in my experience. Sometimes I have to click a part multiple times for the part manager to show up, and when it works, sometimes it's a different part.

But overall, good job!

I get the same thing.  An example would be when connecting the Communotron DTS-M1 to a truss mount.  When trying to select the antenna, I have to spin the craft until I'm nearly sideways with it.  And even then, 9 times out of 10 right clicking gives me the truss mount part manager.

Edited by Scarecrow71

7 hours ago, modus said:

But overall, good job!

14 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I get the same thing.  An example would be when connecting the Communotron DTS-M1 to a truss mount.  When trying to select the antenna, I have to spin the craft until I'm nearly sideways with it.  And even then, 9 times out of 10 right clicking gives me the truss mount part manager.

Thanks both, In the next update this should be fixed with the new selection system

16 hours ago, ShadowDev said:

I don't use the forums much, best way to report bugs will be on the ksp 2 modding discord.

That's unfortunate.  Discord is a mess; it's hard to know what's been reported and/or what you have seen and are working on.  It's also not the best way to announce updates to mods.  Not to mention you didn't announce any updates to the mods here?

1 minute ago, Scarecrow71 said:

That's unfortunate.  Discord is a mess; it's hard to know what's been reported and/or what you have seen and are working on.  It's also not the best way to announce updates to mods.  Not to mention you didn't announce any updates to the mods here?

As far as mod update announcements, you can stay on top of those using the Follow functionality on SpaceDock - you will get email notifications about any mods you follow if I recall correctly. And other than Discord, you could submit bug reports and similar things on GitHub, that should get the author's attention more reliably than here on the forums (for example https://github.com/Bit-Studios/KerbalPartManager/issues for this specific mod)

3 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I find the forum to be clunky and outdated, it don't even have the simplest of features such as dark mode or file attachments. 

Mod updates get announced on discord and spacedock, I only update the forums if I have time as im busy working on other mods. 

The best place for bug reports is Discord and Github. I don't mind being pinged multiple times about the same bug or suggestion.

Current version of this mod is 1.1.2

• 5 months later...
On 3/3/2023 at 8:32 PM, FrittenFritz said:

I never understood the disable P.A.I.G.E one either given that there's literally an option that is toggled Yes or No when creating game, first experience or something along those lines. If you select no P.A.I.G.E is disabled anyway.

I also agree 100% about the UI vs. KSP1, it's much better thought out this time around with all your flight information on hand in one part of the UI.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.