Jump to content

Maneuver Node Controller [0.04]


XYZ3211
 Share

Recommended Posts

Maneuver Node Controller [0.04] by XYZ3211
Provides an interface to finely tune maneuver nodes and restores missing maneuver node features from Kerbal Space Program 1. Make fine tuned adjustments to your maneuver nodes even if they are off screen!

mncImage.png

Releases (CC BY-SA 4.0):

Installation Instructions:

  1.  Install BepInEx mod loader with Space Warp 4.0 and run the game, then close it.
  2.  Place "BepInEx" folder in your KSP root directory under your game install at "SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2".
            The final path will look like: "Kerbal Space Program 2\BepInEx\plugins\maneuver_node_controller"


License and Attribution:
Maneuver Node Controller is distributed under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
GUI code and ".csproj" file based off Lazy Orbit by https://github.com/Halbann (CC BY-SA 4.0)

Source Code (CC BY-SA 4.0): https://github.com/XYZ3211/ManeuverNodeController

Edited by XYZ3211
Update to 0.04
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feature request please.

Being able to assign (bind) keys to increase/decrease values.  

Also, an autocircularise button.

 

Thanks for bringing this through to KSP2!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can someone please explain to me in detail how to get this to load?

I installed the BepInEx + SpaceWarp plugin and I see it in the mods list from the game start menu. But I cannot get any other mod to work. I have placed the folders in  various places and none of them work. I can't access any of the mods in game. I installed the game using Steam and launch it from there, if that matters. I am out of ideas here. And once I do get them to load, I am assuming they are accessed through the app bar? Yes? Nothing beyond vanilla game options there so far. What am I missing?

Please help, because this mod and a couple others will make things a lot easier to play this game (all functionality that should be IN GAME, but that is beside the point).

Places I have tried dropping mod folders, with zero success:

In the KSP2 Root folder directly
[KSP2 Root]\BepInEx\plugins
[KSP2 Root]\BepInEx\plugins\SpaceWarp\mods
[KSP2 Root]\SpaceWarp\mods

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, EvelynThe Dragon said:

Can someone please explain to me in detail how to get this to load?

I installed the BepInEx + SpaceWarp plugin and I see it in the mods list from the game start menu. But I cannot get any other mod to work. I have placed the folders in  various places and none of them work. I can't access any of the mods in game. I installed the game using Steam and launch it from there, if that matters. I am out of ideas here. And once I do get them to load, I am assuming they are accessed through the app bar? Yes? Nothing beyond vanilla game options there so far. What am I missing?

Please help, because this mod and a couple others will make things a lot easier to play this game (all functionality that should be IN GAME, but that is beside the point).

Places I have tried dropping mod folders, with zero success:

In the KSP2 Root folder directly
[KSP2 Root]\BepInEx\plugins
[KSP2 Root]\BepInEx\plugins\SpaceWarp\mods
[KSP2 Root]\SpaceWarp\mods

Most mods haven't been updated for SpaceWarp 0.4 yet, is that the version you downloaded? If so, you might want to wait for a bit and use 0.3 in the meantime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, munix said:

Most mods haven't been updated for SpaceWarp 0.4 yet, is that the version you downloaded? If so, you might want to wait for a bit and use 0.3 in the meantime

Yes it is. But more to my question, which location is the right location to put them in?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EvelynThe Dragon said:

Yes it is. But more to my question, which location is the right location to put them in?

 

Going forward all mods, whether BepInEx only or SpaceWarp need to be put into <KSP2 root>/BepInEx/plugins

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2023 at 12:56 AM, theJesuit said:

Feature request please.

Being able to assign (bind) keys to increase/decrease values.  

Also, an autocircularise button.

 

Thanks for bringing this through to KSP2!

Good ideas, I'll see if these can be included in a future update! Looking into "quick maneuvers" that will be placed at AP/PE/DN/AN for common operations.

22 hours ago, SydKhaos said:

There any way possible to add scaling function to UI. I play in 4k 16:9 and mod is just about unusable due to UI being so small (and my old eyes).

Check out the new update on Space Dock or Github and let me know if that fixed your issue.

17 hours ago, EvelynThe Dragon said:

Yes it is. But more to my question, which location is the right location to put them in?

 

Maneuver Node Controller was just updated for Space Warp 0.4.0, see if the new version works on your install.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That fixed it right up, thank you so much =)

And lemme just say you hit the nail squar on the head. Size of UI is now just perfect on 4k screen. Big enough to see without being overpowering.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta say this mod is invaluable.

Feature request that may or may not be possible:  a button to auto-plpt a trajectory to a target planet's SOI.  Like, if I have an intercept (noted with the I markers), it takes a lot of fiddling around to get an actual encounter with an SOI change.  Having a button to auto-plot this would be keen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for providing this mod,

In KSP1 I heavily used the maneuver node editor provided via MechJeb and missed this feature from the first minute I played KSP 2.

I took the liberty to make a small extension to your code adding the possibility to set absolute values for the three burn directions:  

223952120-98539137-fe4b-4476-894e-474a3c

Let me know if you are interested in the extended code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, highfly1000 said:

Thanks for providing this mod,

In KSP1 I heavily used the maneuver node editor provided via MechJeb and missed this feature from the first minute I played KSP 2.

I took the liberty to make a small extension to your code adding the possibility to set absolute values for the three burn directions:  

223952120-98539137-fe4b-4476-894e-474a3c

Let me know if you are interested in the extended code.

I don't know if @XYZ3211 is interested in the extended code, but I certainly am.  I would LOVE to have this version of MNC available.

One small, slight, just...tiny correction here.  You misspelled Absolute about 1/3 of the way down on the shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I don't know if @XYZ3211 is interested in the extended code, but I certainly am.  I would LOVE to have this version of MNC available.

One small, slight, just...tiny correction here.  You misspelled Absolute about 1/3 of the way down on the shot.

Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake. It's fixed by now.

Today I implemented another small extension allowing snapping to Apoapsis or Periapsis

224153554-44928cad-866b-484e-bd5c-83e1b2

I'm thinking of temporary forking it off in my own repo till @XYZ3211 is interested and has integrated it in his main branch and distribution channel via spacedock.
I'll keep you updated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I don't know if @XYZ3211 is interested in the extended code, but I certainly am.  I would LOVE to have this version of MNC available.

One small, slight, just...tiny correction here.  You misspelled Absolute about 1/3 of the way down on the shot.

Maybe he's a huge fan of the vodka brand? :D Seconding your comment - I would also love to have the additional options. Nicely done, as is the base MNC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, highfly1000 said:

Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake. It's fixed by now.

Today I implemented another small extension allowing snapping to Apoapsis or Periapsis

224153554-44928cad-866b-484e-bd5c-83e1b2

I'm thinking of temporary forking it off in my own repo till @XYZ3211 is interested and has integrated it in his main branch and distribution channel via spacedock.
I'll keep you updated.

 

Is this available on spacedock?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2023 at 5:31 PM, munix said:

Going forward all mods, whether BepInEx only or SpaceWarp need to be put into <KSP2 root>/BepInEx/plugins

Thank you.

OK, I had a super busy week at work so didn't get back to this until today. I have successfully installed this and a few other mods. This makes me happy, so much easier than pulling those stupid, finicky arrows. KSP2 developers, if you are listening/reading, this must be native functionality in the game.

Now if I can just figure out why my lander stage fuel is being burned by my booster stage... it's driving me crazy.

Edited by EvelynThe Dragon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2023 at 8:03 AM, Scarecrow71 said:

I don't know if @XYZ3211 is interested in the extended code, but I certainly am.  I would LOVE to have this version of MNC available.

One small, slight, just...tiny correction here.  You misspelled Absolute about 1/3 of the way down on the shot.

I mean, if you like vodka, Absolut isn't bad.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Strykker2 said:

@alohl669 I have used it on version 0.1.1.0 with both spacewarp 0.4 and the latest spacewarp.

Both worked fine.

Also @highfly1000 @XYZ3211 I made a pull request on both your forks to add the ability to cycle through multiple maneuvers, since that was a useful feature in KSP1.

I totally agree. If you like you can provide me the code part and I'll make the New version available for everybody.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...