I just cannot get over how AMAZING the soundtrack is. If you haven't been to Duna yet, you NEED to go.

WingC3

The moment I entered Duna's SOI I had the sense that something good was coming, but I was completely unprepared for what I would encounter the moment I went suborbital.  That soundtrack is simply epic, and it singlehandedly illustrates the potential this game has.  Absolutely stunning music! Congratulations to the composers and sound designers!

So far I’ve been to Mun, Minmus, Duna, Jool and Vall. 

The music for all of them has been excellent, but both Duna and Minmus (of all places) are standouts to me. Just wonderful stuff.  Intercept and T2 need to release the soundtrack! 

Edited by LameLefty
Autocorrect mistakes

11 hours ago, WingC3 said:

The moment I entered Duna's SOI I had the sense that something good was coming, but I was completely unprepared for what I would encounter the moment I went suborbital.  That soundtrack is simply epic, and it singlehandedly illustrates the potential this game has.  Absolutely stunning music! Congratulations to the composers and sound designers!

Composer, singular. Howard Mostrom.

He is also the lovely person highlighted in the "Recording Rockets" feature episode who was at ULA recording the Atlas V launch. And I believe it was him who borrowed me two lav mics and recorded audio when I did my interview with Nate Simpson back at PAX West 2019. Without his help that interview audio would not have been intelligible. Forever thankful to him.

And to your initial remark: YES!!!! The Duna music is simply epic. Loving it a bunch.

I tried, but  I could not manage to reach Duna without a bug detroying my ship or crashing the game (seriously) in the few hours I had patience to try. Now I moved into another game until the game gets more stable.

That said I beleive the soudn must be good because that is the part where they made a great work in KSP2.

3 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Have not been to Duna yet, but the descent to Eve was sublime.  It makes such a difference to have a real orchestra.

Almost certainly no orchestra involved.  Very likely the composer, a good set of DAW hardware and tracking software, and a bank of hardware and/or software instruments.  But in any case, get to Duna. The music is fablulous. 

Conversely, the music in the Jool SOI is very plaintive, almost yearning. I wonder what that's all about? 

No idea what 196515656.wem is supposed to be... Sounds like the Portsmouth Symphonia Jr.

What in the 2001 is 95073679.wem??

Horror elements in KSP 2, since when?

644654856.wem and 751643722.wem also sound WAY out of character for funny green aliens. I realise now I'm probably spoiling myself on some big end-game content here, so spoilers beware, play these files at your own risk :D

5 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

643641982.wem to add to the horror-esque music of KSP 2

Didn't you hear the rumors of the Kraken Devil Temple?

Later edit: Someone's knocking at the door..

Edited by Vl3d

2 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Didn't you hear the rumors of the Kraken Devil Temple?

6c39443b78ca60092ac91f48c8e3fd64.jpg

Hm?

On a less demonic note, 128088039.wem consists of the drumbeat motif hear in orbit around the Mun and other drumbeat stuff you'll have heard on mission failures and stage sep. Still, I wonder what non-euclidean Eldritch-esque Outer Wilds ending type stuff would instigate such a dramatic soundtrack.

176668843.wem sounds like what you'd hear from the Voyagers' recordings of the outer planets.

643641982.wem sounds like it could be related to 95073679.wem...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.