Play ksp2 on mac...right now! (additional setup required)

There is this windows emulator called Wine. And yes, you can get ksp2 running on it!

Specifically, I used CrossOver (a gui/patch for Wine), and the game managed to get itself running on my macbook pro m2! (FPS is what you expect it to be, duh)

Here is the CrossOver forum link -> https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/kerbal-space-program-2 you can check the tips section for some stuff I added on how to get the game working a bit better.

You run Steam on CrossOver so you can launch ksp2, or you can try taking the exe from a windows computer that has downloaded it.

Current downsides:

- The ocean water has rendering issues...no boat building for now

- The FPS is NOT great. I don't know how bad it can be on a mac m1

- VAB loading takes quite a long time

- After exiting a flight into the ksc, the lag is still there

But hey, it WORKS at least!

Image (proof):

image.png?width=1840&height=1228

Yeah it works on Parallels for me too, which is great. No rendering errors, but yeah the FPS are pretty bad. I can play with a bit of patience but its a slog so Im going to wait a few months for better optimization. My machine is a bit older than yours, one of the last models with an i7. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

7 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Yeah it works on Parallels for me too, which is great. No rendering errors, but yeah the FPS are pretty bad. I can play with a bit of patience but its a slog so Im going to wait a few months for better optimization. My machine is a bit older than yours, one of the last models with an i7. 

Parallels also works, but I think you need a windows license, plus it has much worse performance than wine atm

2 hours ago, Cant think of a username said:

Parallels also works, but I think you need a windows license, plus it has much worse performance than wine atm

Oh good to know. I have parallels and windows anyway cause of work but I'll try Wine. The FPS is my biggest issue. 

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.