Week One Adventures

Nate Simpson

Just now, Nate Simpson said:

we will not pre-announce any fixes until they have been tested and verified on our end

Thanks for the clarifications @Nate Simpson

Also: the KSP2 mods @ SpaceDock are a good hit list of what (many) folks are needing most. I’ll be installing most of them until they get baked into the game. 

Can’t wait for the next release, thanks for the transparency. 

2 minutes ago, RaBDawG said:

So you don't know how to fix the largest game breaking bugs, Nate?  Oh boy.....

Man looks for lowest faith reads to get himself upset, more at 7

I always do love these larger update blogs, they make a nice easily visible place for the whole community to see whats going on

4 minutes ago, Raptus said:

Also: the KSP2 mods @ SpaceDock are a good hit list of what (many) folks are needing most. I’ll be installing most of them until they get baked into the game. 

Back up non modded saves first is my recommendation. I am not 100% certain but I am pretty sure the amount of issues increased after I installing mods for KSP2.

[snip]

anyone delusional enough to not compliment what they have done in week, and will be finished is insane.. instead of doing day by day, hour by hour patches/fixes, they are waiting to do one big "chunk" at a time.

I really hate ksp 2 overall, and the majority of this is what is promised, and what was given, other than that, its a game to me... does this make me a fanboy to appreciate what will come in the following weeks as a update? 

you underestimate a company that is still missing alot of key roles..

don't know what they are missing

https://www.interceptgames.com/

as i said people really underestimate the amount of work that has been shown of this post.

Edited by Vanamonde

Just now, Anth12 said:

Back up non modded saves first is my recommendation. I am not 100% certain but I am pretty sure the amount of issues increased after I installing mods for KSP2.

For sure. I’ll only have throw-away games for now anyways. I’ll harvest my craft from save games as I go along. It’s a great point though… always backup. 

3 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

Fixed: Kerbals fall through ground when traversing ground near launchpad

Hey!  That was mine!  Yaaaay!  (From all the way back on Feb 24)

Fixed: Ground decal applies to vehicles traversing margin of KSC grounds (removes Predator camo effect applied to rovers at edges of KSC)

• Fixed: Broken/empty Kerbal portraits in flight view
  • Fixed: No orbit line after loading a saved game

Also reported... but aside from losing the orbit line, I did not think these would get addressed in the first patch.

Thank you for this communication!  And at @Dakota 'soon(tm)' - notedThank you, too.

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

[snip]

You do know that some bugs take longer to fix/hunt down compared to other's right? Sometimes they can fix a bug easily. Sometimes they can make a temporary work around for a bug until they do a more involved fix. Some issues need a feature completely overhauled. I dont think it's not as simple as you think.

Edited by Vanamonde

So you don't know how to fix the largest game breaking bugs, Nate?  Oh boy..... 

This is actually a great question! We have a very strong sense of which bugs affect the gameplay experience the most right now, and those issues have been assigned accordingly. Unfortunately, there is often a correlation between the profundity of a bug and the amount of time it takes to correct. This sometimes has the effect of "low importance" bugs seeming to get fixed on a faster timeline than "game breaking" bugs, and this is interpreted by some observers to mean that those bugs were more important to us. This is not the case. There are many people working on many bugs in parallel, and some of the systems involved are highly complex.

Edited by Vanamonde

18 minutes ago, SpaceGame123 said:

next couple of weeks? thats not alot of fixes for max 3 weeks

This is the fixes so far, there will be more but they won't be adding it to the list incase it isn't done in-time for the update

Phiuuuu,

That's a relief. Thank you for sharing the progress, I'm sure that everything other will be solved along the way. 

You did incredible job with the visuals and the atmosphere of the game and the sense of scale ready to be explored :)

It's a godly work! I believe in you!

I am assuming undocking destroying your ship is on one of these lists. 

I made it to Duna with a mothership and a lander, and after exploding when undocking a few times… I just deorbited the whole thing in one piece. 

The ship & lander are currently hurdling back towards Kerbin. This’ll get interesting. 

5 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

This is actually a great question!

Nate really turned this positive. Well done and thank you

Edited by Tazooka
Positive

I really hope near term optimization do something and/or give us options to reduce the crazy VRAM usage, especially around Kerbin. Game is pretty much using over 8GB constantly in it's current state...which is a killer for those of us with 8GB or less VRAM, which includes quite a number of GPU's that are well over the min spec for the game.

How about adding new bugs? Usually, traditionally in KSP 1, the first patch fixed some of the old bugs and added about the same number of new ones, after which the second patch came out with the correction of new bugs.