1.875m tanks and VAB sizing names

I know that there are threads for the Making History parts,  but I'm keen for the tanks.

1.875m tanks look good under the Mk1-3 pod and as landing stages under a MEM style craft with the Mk1 Landercan.   With the Mk2 Landercan, the same applies as the Mk1-3 pod, the landing legs would sit nicely within the confines of 2.5m when in a payload bay or fairing, if they were attached to a 1.875m tank.

As for naming there was a kind of sizing names in my head..

0.625 tiny

1.25 small

1.875 medium

2.5 large

3.75 huge

5 gigantic

Maybe the XS, Sm, Me, Lg could be changed to numbers in some way?

My thoughts exactly. I'm fine with currently not having 1.875m parts, but they turned out to be very conveniently sized. Not having a size going in between will be a challenge in th future.

Edited by Kerbart
typo

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest to name 1.875m tanks as SM+ (or another symbol or world like SMX). I really want to see this size, because other than increase of creativity, it makes construction more comfortable like ability to easy choose right amount of fuel/recourses or to choose suitable compact size for your craft. I believe that efforts to solve problems with this size like create SM+ 1.875 engines and maybe other parts (gyrodines, batteries and others) will pay off and breathe new life into the game. You can image what you can create with not only 1.875m, but with for example mini boosters "Mite" and "Shrimp". I think about to make post with desired parts after this patch or several patches

theJesuit, it's not just in your head, those are the actual designations (somewhere) for those part diameter sizes in ksp1. I am also not a fan of the change and think the devs should have kept the existing system and that they should quickly change the size wording in ksp2 to match. This has also made some players nervous because it suggests that there will be no size 1.5/1.875m/medium parts released later, which is a turn-off for a lot of players. I liked the 1.875m size for a lot of reasons. Also, we have some 1.875m parts now just like ksp1 did, things like the mk1 lander can and one of the probe cores, the hex2 I think, they are clearly too big to put in-line with 1.25m parts, but fit much better with 1.875m parts, the heat shield in particular, though I can understand the devs not wanting us to have a 1.875m heat shield for the time being to prevent us from abusing the mk1 lander can. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.