I got my steam account hacked and I no longer own kerbal space program 2

BeastHunter

6 hours ago, BeastHunter said:

I got my steam account hacked and I no longer own kerbal space program 2.

Sorry to hear that, have you tried recovering your account?

Your issue has been split from the 'What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?' thread into a standalone topic for better visibility.

Edited by James Kerman
Added move

Just now, James Kerman said:

Do you still have access to your steam account?

Nope, clicked a link for a $50 steam gift card, logged in (good job to those scammers by the way, the website looked legitimate), and lost it. I saw the email was changed so I can’t do anything. I also didn’t save payment options so I have no proof of ownership.

3 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Your issue has been split from the 'What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?' thread into a standalone topic for better visibility.

Sorry that this is technically unrelated to this thread, but I got a notification for this thread despite the split and me obviously not following this one.

Maybe that's something you guys could look into?

@Delay - not a problem.

At the top of the OP, there is an area called Follow. Click on that.

But to provide you with better information, here's a walk-through on how to help you.

Above the original post of any thread, there's a "Follow" area. Not only is it a URL but it also shows how many people are following the thread. Here's an image with the area in a red circle:

RuRyQx4.png

If you hover your mouse over that, you will get a tool tip:

b4bgYNi.png

If you click on "Follow" it will open up a dialogue box that looks like this:

p1Dqgp9.png

There are several ways you can set your notifications - all based on your preference. Once you hit the "Follow" button, you will receive future notifications when they are posted to the thread.

If you notice, there's some text that reads "Change how the notification is sent" in a contrasting color other than the default. This indicates the text contains a hyperlink -  you have more options!

If you click on the text, you will be taken to your global notification settings. It looks like this:

hL2x6hG.png

Simply select the options you want to change your GLOBAL notification settings and click "save." This will affect every thread you are subscribed to.

12 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

At the top of the OP, there is an area called FOLLOW. Click on that.

I cannot determine if you're sarcastic or not? Autism strikes again!

In any case, the problem is that I was notified of new posts in this thread, despite the fact I don't follow it (and also wouldn't because I'd have no clue how to help OP). I'd assume the split has something to do with it because I do follow "What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?", so I would receive notifications for that thread.

@Delay

Sorry, I was trying to type with a cat dancing on my computer desk and capture screen shots to help out. The last thing I needed - as I started to type this morning, was hot coffee everywhere!

This thread was split from the "What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today" thread. Orphaned threads - those that are split from another thread, do not inherit the followers from the parent thread. The software does not do that. Each moderator has a different way of handling how a split is done; I will usually post something along the lines of "the treads not related to the OP of this thread but are about eating jelly donuts have been moved to this thread" and then a link to that thread. And again, each moderator is different in how they handle the splits. You would think that the forum software would detect the forum members who liked a post and would automagically sign them up to follow the new thread. :mad:

When I did the above post (and now I have added pictures) it was not meant to be sarcastic. I was attempting to help you to follow the thread and creating a helpful guide at the same time - as quickly as I could. There are times, such as this morning, that my cat had other plans. No coffee was spilled and no cats were harmed in the creation of the "how to subscribe to a thread and change my notification settings" information up there. :cool: I feel that part is a win-win.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.