Asking a Question.....about Borderless

is there anyone that know how to stop  borderless from fitting to full screen?
see im a streamer of sorts, as well as i like to keep things in frame and moved where i would like things to be  but KSP2 just goes full screen while in borderless mode.
my main screen is a TV, soo i put games into a borderless window so i can move the frame where i want it to be while also having up other apps running on my  55" 4k tv so i treat my ty as a multi monitors setup.
is there anyway to stop this game from going fullscreen while in borderless mode from happening?
or do i need to download or edit something?

On 3/6/2023 at 12:48 AM, Brofessional said:

You might be able to fiddle with the Settings.json file in C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games\ Kerbal Space Program 2\Global

Otherwise I would just use regular old windowed mode.

i'v look all up in that AppData and spent days looking in all the readable files to see about getting borderless to not be Fullscreen and nothing worked 

Edit: even some settings u change stops the game from even running

Edited by GizmoMagui

With the old versions of unity games you could try starting the game with the startoption;

'-popopwindow' 

1k0.jpg

I've used that to span KSP1 borderless window over three screens. (no need for this anymore since I got a 32:9 monitor.) 

If that doesn't work anymore maybe a Google search on borderless window Unity to check if there have changed startupoptions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 12:07 PM, LoSBoL said:

With the old versions of unity games you could try starting the game with the startoption;

'-popopwindow' 

1k0.jpg

I've used that to span KSP1 borderless window over three screens. (no need for this anymore since I got a 32:9 monitor.) 

If that doesn't work anymore maybe a Google search on borderless window Unity to check if there have changed startupoptions. 

this does not work.. 

im after making the window not fullscreen stated in this post here ^

In addition to -popupwindow, you can set the screen width and height, but I don't see a switch to set the x and y coordinate of the screen. All the commands available are on this page here: https://docs.unity3d.com/2019.4/Documentation/Manual/PlayerCommandLineArguments.html

This will make your window old skool vga sized:

-popupwindow -screen-width 640 -screen-height 480

To move the window, you may be able to use a utility such as those listed on this page here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7977322/set-window-position-of-an-application-on-windows-command-line

19 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

In addition to -popupwindow, you can set the screen width and height, but I don't see a switch to set the x and y coordinate of the screen. All the commands available are on this page here: https://docs.unity3d.com/2019.4/Documentation/Manual/PlayerCommandLineArguments.html

This will make your window old skool vga sized:

-popupwindow -screen-width 640 -screen-height 480

To move the window, you may be able to use a utility such as those listed on this page here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7977322/set-window-position-of-an-application-on-windows-command-line

i'v done this no matter what trick i do.   borderless mode is always fullscreen and just adds black bars. i already know how to move the window  i have tools for that. 

the messed up part is i don't think anyone can fix this problem its all on them

Weird, I don't know what to tell you - mostly because I still don't have KSP2. In KSP1 and every other Unity game I've tried it in though -popupwindow just removes the border from windowed mode, so if the height and width are less than fullscreen you can see what is behind the window. If that doesn't happen for you then I've got nothing :(

15 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Weird, I don't know what to tell you - mostly because I still don't have KSP2. In KSP1 and every other Unity game I've tried it in though -popupwindow just removes the border from windowed mode, so if the height and width are less than fullscreen you can see what is behind the window. If that doesn't happen for you then I've got nothing :(

yep it seems that way.  even tho u can do this popupwindow command there is still a problem with this.  with both window mode and borderless mode.  all recording software records the whole desktop and does not see  the game as a game. or program.  like Nvidia recording has a setting to prevent the software from recording the desktop. while this so called GAME.. is in borderless more or window mode u can not record unless u grant Nvidia to also record the desktop and this is the biggest problem. 

what ever they did was done so badly or cheaply that it does not act as a running program once in borderless/windowed modes

Even fullscreen had a problem of it not wanting to record till i changed a single setting in one of the files. under (KSP2_x64_Data folder Config boot) funny enough changing (wait-for-native-debugger=0 from a 0 to a 1) some how fixed it to where now fullscreen will record the game while in fullscreen and will no longer ask you to allow it to record desktop. strange i know. 

ITS ALL OUT OF WHACK!!!

so now i have to make a NEW post. trying to get the game to RECORD without asking permission to record my desktop... 

Edited by GizmoMagui

On 3/20/2023 at 3:37 AM, Superfluous J said:

mostly because I still don't have KSP2.

Give it another patch.  I'm actually "Playing" more than bug hunting these days... but there are still plenty of bugs.  VAB got a bit wonky on this build and SpacePlanes are now hit-or-miss.

It's been noticed that the temperature has dropped (fewer ZOMG!!SUXORS!1! posts) in the last few days.  Partly due to those with insufficient systems finding something else to do and the fact that this version isn't painful to fire up.  (Note: not painful =/= running well enough to recommend).

Thing is - I can see what they're going for, and the QOL stuff is appreciated.  Graphics are very nice.  Music is great, too.

But literally every mission there is something that happens that shouldn't - and so the thing is, I'm not just fighting my own lack of knowledge, inexperience and the game's difficulty, I'm fighting stuff that doesn't work like it should.

So, yeah.  Waiting is good.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Give it another patch.  I'm actually "Playing" more than bug hunting these days... but there are still plenty of bugs

I don't mind bugs I actually enjoy that part of (true) early access. I'm waiting for some content that will keep me playing after the initial wow factor wears off.

42 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

I don't mind bugs I actually enjoy that part of (true) early access. I'm waiting for some content that will keep me playing after the initial wow factor wears off.

That is certainly a valid concern.  There's 'nothing to do' unless you want to dream up your own tests.  It's sandbox - most decidedly not a 'game'.

For a duffer like me who only made it past the moons twice, the QOL features are a real boon.  But then I get somewhere like EVE - and because heating isn't on - I just land.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.