Help needed with installing Environmental Visual Enhancements!

Hello!

I'm quite new to ksp modding and have gotten a few mods to run whithout any problems, but I'm having a lot of trouble with getting E.V.E to work properly.

I have tried installing it with CKAN, I have tried installing it manualy and I have tried installling it with different texture files, but no matter what I do, I get the same "no config! please add a config with the contents of "EVE clouds{}" to populate" message!

sn2x7ZU.png

I have checked that the config file it mentions is available in the Game Data folder, but it seems like it's unable to detect it.

Before anyone asks, yes i have tried installing the mods with a fresh version of ksp.

4 hours ago, Snigel said:

Hello!

I'm quite new to ksp modding and have gotten a few mods to run whithout any problems, but I'm having a lot of trouble with getting E.V.E to work properly.

I have tried installing it with CKAN, I have tried installing it manualy and I have tried installling it with different texture files, but no matter what I do, I get the same "no config! please add a config with the contents of "EVE clouds{}" to populate" message!

sn2x7ZU.png

I have checked that the config file it mentions is available in the Game Data folder, but it seems like it's unable to detect it.

Before anyone asks, yes i have tried installing the mods with a fresh version of ksp.

have you installed Scatterer with it? If not then do - base scat. in CKAN is Scatterer, Scatterer config and Scatterer sunflare (you need all three files, choose in the main window and latest version on the right, they work for the most part). Though if you are using stock Kerbol system (without any new planet) then I would recommend getting Spectra 

. Search for it in CKAN and add everything apart from snow (still laggy). Same process with non compatible as with Scatterer, you will have to remove Scatterer config and sunflare. Spectra comes with custom config for it (you will have nice clouds then - you can see if they work on Kerbol in main menu - if they are not there then something borked, redo the mods). Bear in mind its only compatible with EVE (without its stock config, remove it in CKAN, you should have two EVE mods there if you installed just EVE), Distant Object Enhancement, PlanetShine and Scatterer. I recommend all of those. 

If you will install Outer Planets Mod (which makes Kerbol complete as in SOL like number of planets, types and moons) then Spectra will only cover stock planets. You will need another graphics pack for that (AVP is the best because it covers all planets, altough it does require another mod, TUFX to use its settings, specifically turn off color grading which in default is very coloful but thats just my taste).

If Spectra will run fine, then next step is parallax mod (three seperate files in CKAN).  This will make your game look extremely well, especially on the Mun and other planets surfaces. 

Edited by Czejenesku

I have noww tried installing scatter per your instructions, but sadly it doesn't seem to sovle the problem. I'm still getting the same messeges and now the oceans are messed up too. it seems like scatterer is missing the texture for the ocean surface, as I can still see the reflections.

UVLqx7x.png

12 hours ago, Snigel said:

The folder for the stock configs (or rather the original configs) is called Buolder Co. and should be in the Game Data Folder. If this appleis I dont see why it shouldnt work.

If you cant get those configs to work, maybe try some other available configs? Like the ones that are included in Astronomers Visual Pack, they are quite popular.

The issue you are describing has nothing to do with Scatterer, btw. Those are independent mods. You should get nice clouds without Scatterer at all.

1 hour ago, Dafni said:

The folder for the stock configs (or rather the original configs) is called Buolder Co. and should be in the Game Data Folder. If this appleis I dont see why it shouldnt work.

If you cant get those configs to work, maybe try some other available configs? Like the ones that are included in Astronomers Visual Pack, they are quite popular.

The issue you are describing has nothing to do with Scatterer, btw. Those are independent mods. You should get nice clouds without Scatterer at all.

this file?

NwWaQ96.jpgBTW . I have tried installing the configs from astronomers visual pack, but to no avail.

1 hour ago, Snigel said:

this file?

Yes, I would have said this look good. I cant see why it shouldnt work. Sorry I cant be of more assistance.

Let's hope the mod author or somebody else with more knowledge than me will chime in here. If you dont get their attention here, you could post this in the E.V.E.redux thread.

17 hours ago, Snigel said:

thanks anyway, and thanks for the suggestion!

Maybe try completely fresh install and try installing Spectra first, both EVE and Scatterer are its requirements so they should install with it/after it (without Scatterer config and EVE's stock planet textures - Spectra handles those). Do those mods first and see what happens. Bear in mind that shadows and terrain tabs will still be empty in EVE config after those mods. Not many packs handle those anyway. 

Im new to KSP modding too, just spent almost three days in Kerbal hell trying to get mods to work without errors and without initial loading taking more than 20 minutes. Try steps from the beginning here and let me know, I'll try and help. The only mods I've never had problems during those three days were graphics packs unless I installed something overlapping with other grpahic packs (thats when clouds usually break).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.