Kerbals still speaking reversed Spanish?

OHara

I remember KSP's advertising videos used Spanish phrases, with the recording tape reversed, for Kerbal speech.  I convinced myself that KSP2's countdown is this same kind of reversed Spanish, but I'm not sure about the other radio chatter.  The sounds of language sound very different in reverse, not how one would pronounce the word spelled in reverse.

Can any native speakers confirm? 

Is there anything interesting in the radio chatter?
(I would not guess anything here could be a spoiler you could use a spoiler block if it is.)

2 hours ago, Mutex said:

I've read for KSP2 they write the Spanish words out backwards and then pronounce the result, recording it forwards.

If that's what they did then it works for me. During the countdown I hear certain numbers in Mandarin, Thai and French.

3 hours ago, Mutex said:

I've read for KSP2 they write the Spanish words out backwards and then pronounce the result, recording it forwards.

Yeah this is what it sounds like to me. Hence "O-ko" rather than "O-cho". And yeah it's absolutely adorable. 

8 hours ago, almagnus1 said:

Eh, I'm fine with whatever language they speak... don't need it to be legible because IMO that'd be more distracting than unintelligible noises.

It's a reference to the original game developed in Mexico. But yeah I think its just a cute flavor for the whole thing. 

16 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

If that's what they did then it works for me. During the countdown I hear certain numbers in Mandarin, Thai and French.

Listen closely and you can hear: Zeid, Eveun, Ohco, Eteis, Sies, Ocnic, Ortauq, Sert, Sod, Onu; Spanish numbers, but pronounced backwards phonetically. I wish I could figure out all the other little dialogue lines but my backwards phonetic Spanish is just not up to snuff these days

8 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Actually: lonapse

Actually actually: Loñapse

Edited by whatsEJstandfor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.