EVA constructed rocket.

The challenge

The cranes at the VAB recently just broke, because of... a little kraken incident; so they are no longer able to stack parts on top of each other :P

However, Bill is so stupid that he thinks that they don't need fancy cranes to assemble rockets; just some ol' krute force.  Your mission: Assemble a rocket on EVA construction mode; with the parts supplied by rovers launched from the runway (Example, if you want to use an OKTO2, build a rover with an OKTO2 attatched, and then detatch it  with a stack separator).

Scoring:

Checkpoint 1:

Each 10 kg that your ship has yields 1 point; therefore; 1 ton = 100 points; because EVA construction... Is limited :(

Checkpoint 2:

What type of craft did you make?

Rover: multiply points by 1.1, 1.2 if manned

Ship: multiply by...

ATMOSPHERIC FLIGHT: 1.4, 1.6 if manned, add 1 per minute in flight
SUB-ORBITAL: 2, 3 if manned, add 1.2 per minute in flight
ORBITAL: 4, 5 if manned.
OTHER CELESTIAL (somehow) 8, 9 if manned, add 4 for mün and minmus; 5.5 for eve sys, 6 for duna sys, 7.9 for dres, 8 for moho, 10 for joolian sys, 15 for kerbol & eeloo, and 20 for kerbol escape, add 2 per 50 dV left

GL

NOTES:

The one with most points wins!
I made this 'cuz we have KSP2 now, and I wanted an epic KSP1 challenge
You CAN bring more kerbals on EVA to help the eingeneer handle the parts, without affecting score
You MUST upload a screen recording of the mission

Edited by Jeb x Valentina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool Challenge.
I guess it's also allowed to transport the parts to the launchpad using the 1.11 cargo containers?

For the scoring system with celestial bodies, do you have to do a flyby, get into orbit around the planet or moon, land or land and return back to the surface of Kerbin?

On 4/4/2023 at 1:03 PM, EveMaster said:

Cool Challenge.
I guess it's also allowed to transport the parts to the launchpad using the 1.11 cargo containers?

For the scoring system with celestial bodies, do you have to do a flyby, get into orbit around the planet or moon, land or land and return back to the surface of Kerbin?

Yes, you can use cargo containers

You only have to do flyby, landing takes too much dV depending on body

Could you please clarify the points system for me? Assume I have constructed a crewed 12 ton rocket that is able to reach Minmus. With this rocket, I can do either a Minmus flyby or a Kerbin orbit to Minmus orbital altitude without doing a Minmus flyby. Now, according to your rules this nets me the following amount of points:

* For the Minmus flyby: base multiplier of 5, to which 4 is added for Minmus, for a total multiplier of 9. The rocket itself is worth 1200 points, for a total score of 1200 * 9 = 10800

* For the orbit to Minmus orbital altitude (at approximately 47 000 km above Kerbin): base multiplier of 5, and 0.5 bonus point for each km that my apoapsis is above Kerbin's atmosphere. Total score is approximately 1200 * 5 + 0.5 * 47000 = 29500.

Did I do this correctly? And was it your intent that a high Kerbin orbit that is essentially the same as the transfer orbit needed to do a Minmus flyby yields a lot more points?

Edited by QF9E

On 4/7/2023 at 5:02 AM, QF9E said:

Could you please clarify the points system for me? Assume I have constructed a crewed 12 ton rocket that is able to reach Minmus. With this rocket, I can do either a Minmus flyby or a Kerbin orbit to Minmus orbital altitude without doing a Minmus flyby. Now, according to your rules this nets me the following amount of points:

* For the Minmus flyby: base multiplier of 5, to which 4 is added for Minmus, for a total multiplier of 9. The rocket itself is worth 1200 points, for a total score of 1200 * 9 = 10800

* For the orbit to Minmus orbital altitude (at approximately 47 000 km above Kerbin): base multiplier of 5, and 0.5 bonus point for each km that my apoapsis is above Kerbin's atmosphere. Total score is approximately 1200 * 5 + 0.5 * 47000 = 29500.

Did I do this correctly? And was it your intent that a high Kerbin orbit that is essentially the same as the transfer orbit needed to do a Minmus flyby yields a lot more points?

Yes you did it correctly.  But it wasn't my intent to do the atmosphere thing :P

Should pro'ly remove it befor someone exploits it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.