What's up with SpaceDock???

jbarry39

Thread moved from KSP 1 Mod Releases to KSP 1 Mod Discussions.

Important Information
Please note this issue  fixed by clearing the cache files from your browser as @HebaruSan mentions below and plans are underway to improve this in future SpaceDock upgrades.

Edited by James Kerman
Added workaround

Your browser still has some of the old files cached. You can press ctrl-shift-R or shift-F5 or ctrl-F5 (depending on browser) to fix it.

Plans are under way to improve this for future SpaceDock upgrades.

Edited by HebaruSan

3 hours ago, jbarry39 said:

This 'Advanced Search' overlay is blocking everything and you can't seem

to get rid of it???

I'm managing to use the site by entering dev mode on the browser, then selecting the Advanced Search <DIV> tag on the Inspector and deleting the node.

It's annoying as you have to do it every time the page reloads, but it's doable.

On Safari, I can right click the annoying component,  select "Inspect" and I will be right there on the node to be deleted.

-----------

The SD dudes are advising to clear the browser cache while reloading the site.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/170865-spacedockinfo-mod-hosting-site/&do=findComment&comment=4253351

Edited by Lisias
About Safari

On 3/7/2023 at 4:43 PM, Jetsun said:

If I use Google Chrome, the problem appears.
If I use MS Edge, it does not.

That's because you used one browser to load those pages in the preceeding 30 days and not the other.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:06 PM, HebaruSan said:

Your browser still has some of the old files cached. You can press ctrl-shift-R or shift-F5 or ctrl-F5 (depending on browser) to fix it.

@James Kerman, could you somehow mark that post as the answer to this? It seems people are still able to browse past it without reading.

Edited by HebaruSan

9 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

That's because you used one browser to load those pages in the preceeding 30 days and not the other.

@James Kerman, could you somehow mark that post as the answer to this? It seems people are still able to browse past it without reading.

I'm sorry but this subforum does not have that ability, but I will say it's really easy to clear cache in chrome, just Hold down Ctrl and press F5.

45 minutes ago, jbarry39 said:

Lot's of people do tend to use Google Chrome:unsure:

Which browser you use is not a factor in this problem.

Reiterating in case anyone else scrolls to the bottom after another reply:

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Your browser still has some of the old files cached. You can press ctrl-shift-R or shift-F5 or ctrl-F5 (depending on browser to fix it.

16 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Thank you very much.
That was ist. I've never thought about that.

Very nice :)

<3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.