Kerbal Space Program 2 (Version 1.0 and 0.3.0) Hype Train!

AtomicTech

8 hours ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

what is this post and why is it pinned?

It's about hype training. An untrained hype gets bored much sooner.

Also, maybe it's an allusion to the Terry Pratchett's character  Ptracie.

"Hype Train" → "Hi, Ptrain!"

When they are ptracing the code, they are ptraining to code.

Edited by kerbiloid

After reading so much about it and watching videos i decided to buy it. Its in a way worse state than i ever imagined. I thought it may has bugs and problems but i didnt expect problems to pretty much start when doing the most basic tasks in this game. I also see no point in even reporting bugs at this point because they are so obvious that i dont think anyone can even overlook them.

Im not hyped at all im just shocked that someone released the game in this state for 50 USD.

Even at 30 USD this wouldnt be acceptable - you cant release a game in EA with so many gamebreaking bugs that even basic functionality isnt reached (i would at least expect to be able to launch a rocket to orbit and revert to Launch etc. without gamebreaking bugs). My first start of the game pretty much was a accumulation of gamebreaking bugs - just launching a rocket in orbit - i would understand it if it were some bugs that arent immediately apparent but this honestly is a trainwreck - this is the worst EA ive ever invested in especially for that price. To be honest i think they deserve all the negative reviews and negative press and hopefully something like this wont be done by a big publisher again - this is not okay at all.

Edited by Moons

23 minutes ago, Moons said:

After reading so much about it and watching videos i decided to buy it. Its in a way worse state than i ever imagined. I thought it may has bugs and problems but i didnt expect problems to pretty much start when doing the most basic tasks in this game. I also see no point in even reporting bugs at this point because they are so obvious that i dont think anyone can even overlook them.

Im not hyped at all im just shocked that someone released the game in this state for 50 USD.

Even at 30 USD this wouldnt be acceptable - you cant release a game in EA with so many gamebreaking bugs that even basic functionality isnt reached (i would at least expect to be able to launch a rocket to orbit and revert to Launch etc. without gamebreaking bugs). My first start of the game pretty much was a accumulation of gamebreaking bugs - just launching a rocket in orbit - i would understand it if it were some bugs that arent immediately apparent but this honestly is a trainwreck - this is the worst EA ive ever invested in especially for that price. To be honest i think they deserve all the negative reviews and negative press and hopefully something like this wont be done by a big publisher again - this is not okay at all.

I’m surprised you don’t think the game is good value.  Have you worked out the complaints per dollar ratio yet, or are you only calculating the complaints after actually playing it?

Edited by Wheehaw Kerman

Two more days until the patch.  I’m starting to look forward to the cycle of announcement, anticipation, and experimentation that each patch and roadmap drop is going to bring.  Thinking back, KSP1 helped the 2010s fly by with that... It’s going to be fun, and probably a lot faster-paced.

HYPE! Tomorrow comes the patch and I am HYPED that it will play smoother and I can start visiting the Mun/Minmus anomalies with minimal fear/frustration! Then we can all HYPE for the next patch in 2-3 weeks! and after like 5 3-week cycles, in June we can start being HYPE for the first roadmap update!

In the meantime don't forget to hype for real space stuff that'll happen before Roadmap-Update-1: Starship! Terran 1! Hakuto-R! Peregrine! IM-1! So much beyond-kerbal space stuff with hopefully minimal lithobraking...but probably some!

I am hyped for the first patch! I hope that my crafts, today bugged, will be tomorrow much more usable. I hope that I will see patched conics in different SOI and so I will be able to fly as economically as in KSP1. I hope ... .

5 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

HOLY COW!!!

MY POST GOT PINNED!!!

I'm calling this iteration of KSP2 a qualified "Beta" release.  Quite a bit is working, there's still lots of bugs every time I play.  However - enough is working that I can actually say "I'm playing KSP2".

If the NEXT patch is anywhere near as comprehensive as the first?  I'm likely declaring this train back on track (and worthy of the title of EA release).

17 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

If the NEXT patch is anywhere near as comprehensive as the first?  I'm likely declaring this train back on track (and worthy of the title of EA release).

I think it's OK to still be on the hype train even if you (like many/most) don't feel the current release really qualifies as "EA" material.

I've always hated sandbox mode, but here I am, butt firmly planted on the 1.0 Hype Train :)

We’ve got a bunch of confirmation that full robotics are post-1.0, though there is hope-speculation rotors might not be, since the team is a big fan of helicopters.

also HYPE! I bet we’ll get Patch 2 either this Friday or next. Let’s call it next Friday…11 days! Hype! I have a hunch that Patch 2 will be smaller and Patch 3 will have big improvements.

3 hours ago, zeekzeek22 said:

We’ve got a bunch of confirmation that full robotics are post-1.0, though there is hope-speculation rotors might not be, since the team is a big fan of helicopters.

Actually all we have confirmation of is that robotics won't be in the game until 1.0, they didn't commit to adding them ever, I think Nate was 'hopeful' about it, which basically means 'we have no plans for it whatsoever'.

1 hour ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

So has anybody else noticed how bright the Joolshine on Tylo’s night side is?  

Just made it to Tylo for the first time last weekend, I almost thought it was a bug, it's pretty expletive bright. 

3 hours ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

Pretty neat, I thought.  I think I may finally try for a landing this weekend.

Agreed! I'm a newbie to the jool system, and didn't look at my velocity when I set my Pe at 30,000m, I ended up crashing at 1400m/s haha. Didn't realize Tylo was so big lol. 

Choo ChOoOoOo

6 days till when I think Patch 2 will drop! or 13 days! (Thinking thursdays so they can spend friday monitoring the rollout)

I bet there are devs who have already closed out their Patch 2 fixes and are diving into big ones for Patch 3!

Weekly real-world space news update: RIP Virgin Orbit. Ruh-roh Astra's cash-on-hand runway. "This is why we test" to the ULA Centaur V structural test article. Maxar's got eyes in the back of their head? Lockheed's setting up comms around Mun. and HYPE: Artemis II crew selection announcement on Monday!!!