Kerbal Space Program 2 (Version 1.0 and 0.3.0) Hype Train!

AtomicTech

Congratulations! You've earned a first class ticket to the AtomicTech Inc. Hype Train with non-stop service to KSP 2's 1.0 release!

0_d9IBPlHUWVGtIVCZ.jpeg

Here's your ticket!

thumb_kerbal-space-program-kerbal-space-

Spoiler

Also, many thanks to @GregroxMun for conducting the original Hype Train!

Edited by AtomicTech

The dumpster fire that is 0.1 has not derailed the hype train for me!

I seriously can't wait for some kind of progression mode (not a fan of sandbox), esp tech unlocks,  colonies, resource gathering, and eventually expanding the influence of Kerbalkind across the galaxy!

CHOO-CHOO!

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

My hype train fell through the ground, lost all coal, and exploded upon attaching the wagons.

And the station appears to be sideways.

It'll be a little while but we're hard at work repairing the train!

I think at this point the train feels more like someting like this:

or this (somewhat stuck):

Lets  hope the rest of development will run smoother than the launch and that the first few patches will be huge and good.

4 hours ago, Chilkoot said:

As long as the gravy train stays on the rails ;) 

The timing is too much to be coincidental. They knew the rest of the company's financial situation before KSP2 release. Only things that changed were sales numbers for KSP2, reviews, and goodwill impairment.

This cannot be a good sign. Sorry about your hype train getting derailed before being out of visual range of the station.

Not good.

Edited by TLTay

45 minutes ago, TLTay said:

The timing is too much to be coincidental. They knew the rest of the company's financial situation before KSP2 release. Only things that changed were sales numbers for KSP2, reviews, and goodwill impairment.

This cannot be a good sign. Sorry about your hype train getting derailed before being out of visual range of the station.

Not good.

I think they had worse things to worry about than mixed feedback on KSP.

44 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Sorry about your hype train getting derailed before being out of visual range of the station.

Despite the concerning noises of metal grinding, we might still be on track. And if we are indeed derailed, hopefully the engineers can get the rocket boosters working in time - rocket trains can get through anything!(citation needed)

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

Not good.

Its unlikely to be related. Significant layoffs like these take months to plan out, not the barely week and a half that they've had. You also don't axe from the corporate top if its a few projects that just dropped that aren't showing as expected.

Its much more likely that its actually what they said, that they've got too much in the corporate and planning levels that they don't need now with their current projects in their current states. Everyone is looking to be ahead of the curve in clawing back to reasonable operating levels after the last few years drove the markets into a weird frenzy where organizations dealing in digital goods felt invincible. Its likely that they're reducing their project load now, so stuff that woulda dropped 2-5 years from now is not getting the greenlight, and they don't need these people as a result. Odds are they're expecting to lean on currently confirmed projects that are released or underway to make the gap, like Outer Worlds 2 and the long tail of KSP2.

1 hour ago, Sky Kerman said:

I think I booked first class? Can someone check that? But in reality, can’t wait to get on the new hype for 1.0!:D

Nuts, I booked Business Class. Does that meanI can board with Career Mode?