Kerbal Space Program 2 (Version 1.0 and 0.3.0) Hype Train!

AtomicTech

4 hours ago, Lyneira said:

[H]e takes issue with a pattern in official communications. A vagueness, tiptoeing around "the elephant in the room."

We've been dealing with that since even before KSP 2 came out :\

I'd even be happy with a "at release, I'd say we were 85% done with science, 75% done with colonies, and halfway done with multiplayer"....so it can imply that they are some vague amount further along now two months later. But at the end of the day, regardless of the amount of info they give us, some fraction of the community will have criticism and umbrage of how far it was or wasn't.

But still. In the same way I feel about real world space things, I know that every day, a group of people show up to work and make progress on their work. Progress towards a KSP update, or progress towards Starship, or something else cool. Even if we see nothing, progress happens every day!

C'mon, folks... I'm getting on this train and I'm not disembarking until 1.0, or Nate calls it a bust, publicly.

I've seen the hate. I get the frustration, but I full heartedly believe that we can present this game, and our faith in those working hard for the community, better than anyone else. We have some of the most thoughtful members on this forum; if we can't be supportive when times are tough who will?

If we can't be thankful and patient, why should they develop it any further? If all we can do is label the creators as maligned with corporate interests, what choice do those interests have other than to distance themselves from bad publicity?

Maybe it would be better for them to cut and run...

But I have faith. Not in anything amorphous or intangible, but in the people who are actively working to progress this game's future. I have faith in the people that have spent their real time- you know, the ones that make the game because they love it, not because they get the biggest paycheck at the end of the day. Those folks are still working. They still read your comments.

Constructive criticism and dissatisfaction are to be expected, but where is the space on this forum to question the development team's good faith?

Answer that to me.

Who of us really has the authority to declare the intention of the people behind the code? Who here really prefers putting down the effort?

I don't.

I hope that the team also sees every positive thing we have to say.

I hope you all haven't lost your faith in others...

I'm getting on the hype-train and I'm not getting off of it until it derails or we hit 1.0!!!

Who's coming with me?!

7 hours ago, Socraticat said:

I'm getting on the hype-train and I'm not getting off of it until it derails or we hit 1.0!!!

Who's coming with me?!

I'll ride this with with you till the end brother!

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Hutsul228 said:

We need SOMETHING. 

Have you conquered the wonderful world of Kerbin?! The Kerbol system is full of amazing sights to behold, but what about the challenges that wait for you just in our very own KSC backyard. Consider this phase of EA to be like Early Career. You could get to the Mun with the parts you have right now, or you could wait and gather science around Kerbin before the next node of the Tech Tree is unlocked!

Here's Something!

Something Else...

And one more something...

That's not even mentioning how you can spend time conquering the skies in a "OneOscar" :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):

CHOO CHOO!!!

Edited by Socraticat
? <- These go at the end of questions, right¿

On 5/12/2023 at 1:26 AM, Wheehaw Kerman said:

I just wish I had more time to play.  Things are going pretty nuts at work.  Still, had the time to cobble together a space station core this morning, although I didn’t have time time to launch it.

Yum. Give us pics (not off nuts at work, space station core pls)

Edited by Sylvi Fisthaug

11 hours ago, Hutsul228 said:

We need SOMETHING. Few more weeks of radio silence and only people who will play this game are going to be developers.

There's a dev post literally every week. How can you call that radio silence is beyond me.

Edited by The Aziz

@AtomicTechDoomposting? A man of your talents? Really?

Is that the simple life you desire?

CHOO!! CHOO!! 

Go fly a "OneOscar" without smiling... 

I dare you.

I double dare you...

Post that vid and see if it doesn't get likes...

1.0 LET'S GO!!!

CHOO!! CHOO!!

1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

Hit the brakes?

Hide contents

I'm still on the train; just nervously looking at my ticket, hoping against all odds that we actually do arrive at a real KSP 2 1.0.

I'm 80% sure we will get to 1.0

However, now after becoming a bit more informed of past exploits of the team behind it, I do think that it will not be the droid KSP2 v1.0 we are looking for.

Edited by GGG-GoodGuyGreg

Let's throw some more coal into the furnace of our train! The quarterly report from T2 has been released. Little has been written about KSP2. Here is all the information. What do you guys find this game exciting? Have you found a realistic environment with unprecedented detail? :kiss:

QSrqGaa.jpg

Khlr9LC.jpg

CeszLyt.jpg

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

Let's throw some more coal into the furnace of our train! The quarterly report from T2 has been released. Little has been written about KSP2. Here is all the information. What do you guys find this game exciting? Have you found a realistic environment with unprecedented detail? :kiss:

QSrqGaa.jpg

Khlr9LC.jpg

CeszLyt.jpg

I'm very glad to see that the overlords aren't about to pull the plug on us.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

"to be expanded for years to come"

Nuff said, game is considered safe. Thank you, goodbye.

No surprise there.  As I have been saying for a while now, the odds of TT pulling the plug on a project like KSP2 over a handful of gamerz being really mad because the EA version has bugs and runs slow on older hardware are vanishingly remote.  

The studio execs aren’t even laughing at the haters and naysayers, they don’t even think of them at all.

4 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

Hit the brakes?

Reveal hidden contents

I'm still on the train; just nervously looking at my ticket, hoping against all odds that we actually do arrive at a real KSP 2 1.0.

I mean, from day one the production and engineering leads from Uber were gone from intercept games, alongside most of the engineers  (ie the people most important for actually implementing the game). While Uber is highly responsible for the game's current state, I feel like this analysis drastically overestimates the continuance of intercept games from uber