User locking thread because of fair criticism

coyotesfrontier

Hello, I believe that a user recently had their own thread locked because of fair criticism that they were receiving, rather than for typical reasons.

Specifically, this thread:

[snip]

I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not, but I think it needs to be looked at regardless.

Edited by Vanamonde

3 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

It's 100% in the rules for the OP to request their own thread to be locked, and also 100% within the rules for the moderators to then lock that thread.

Oh, ok. I still don't think it's right, but I guess that's just how the rules are.

1 hour ago, coyotesfrontier said:

Oh, ok. I still don't think it's right, but I guess that's just how the rules are.

It's exactly how @Superfluous J put it.  Every topic is a conversation started by the initial post and the author of that post can request that particular conversation end and the topic locked--which the moderators will do ASAP.

What's more, I don't think there was that much direct criticism of [snip] in the two replies.  I think there was a bit too much forum/community realpolitik in those replies.  I understand her deciding to end that conversation.

As to [snip]'s concerns which she heartfelt shared, I share them.  I've shared them since before the release of KSP2, after seeing the videos on the early February demo at ESA, the initial specs release, and the review videos the week before the release of KSP2.  The news today of cutbacks at Take Two make the risk of KSP2 development being reduced or halted in some way much higher.  My concerns have grown.

And [snip] among her extensive experience is a former is USN Medic and Veteran.  As a Canadian Forces Vet (Royal Canadian Armoured Corps), I've known many a medic over my career and she has my respect as a fellow vet.  She's also a former community manager on a few games.  So she knows about communication.  From my more limited experience, I'm not happy about what is and isn't being said about KSP2.  I know there can often be restrictions on communication.  Life as a serving soldier/sailor is knowing what to say and what not to say in a bunch of contexts.  This doesn't change when one becomes a vet.

But the situation with KSP2 is getting out of hand.  This is not a normal situation.  This is a situation where not being honest and saying more than what has been said is making a bad situation worse.

Edited by Vanamonde

We're here to talk about a game, not to criticize each other's behavior and motives. For that reason, specifics of the person in question have been removed. 

Also, the creator of a thread can always ask the moderators to close that thread. He or she doesn't even need to give a reason, and we're not going to guess at what it is. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.