Is KSP on Xbox worth it?

Captain Dewgy

I'm fairly new to KSP and was wondering what everybody's opinions on the console ports are. I have KSP1 on my laptop and enjoy it, but my laptop is pretty old and on its last legs. I can't afford a new one right now so I'm curious about its performance on xbox. Does it run well, are the controls decent, is there keyboard/mouse support, etc. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

If you have a decent pc, go for the pc version. Even my old potato pc with 9th generation i7 and with a weak gtx 1060 does very well even with a heavily modded install.

More features, more performance and mkst important: mods! Ksp1 lives by the glorious modding community. Many a mod is now a must have for me and i wouldn't play the game without them anymore.

Edited by Rakete

• 2 weeks later...

KSP on console is an incredible experience I would recomend to anyone.  I would say there's only two major downsides to playing on console:

1) No modding, of course. It's a bit sad, but not a dealbreaker for me personally as the base game is definitley good enough to stand on its own legs and still be an absolutly stellar game (pun intended).

2) we are missing content from the latest update. That is, we're still on the 1.10 update while PC is on 1.12.5. @Ghostii_Space told us that BOTH 1.11 and 1.12 would come out before the end of 2022, but neither update has come out.  Even worse than that, there has been NO communication whatsoever about the new timeline. Most of the console community is hopeless and just think that the updates will never come out. We may be stuck on 1.10 forever, as the team wont even tell us if these updates still exist, and they're refusing to answer any questions. This means that, until the situation changes, we dont have essential features like EVA construction or ground anchors.

KSP console is still really good, the community really deserves the updates tho.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.