Hello Fellow Kerbinauts

LeroyJenkins

Hi All. Been a KSP Fan since the beginning of KSP1. Played solely on Xbox, but for KSP2 I decided to play on the PC so that I can have access to the Mods as an option. As an actual Aerospace Engineer (several decades), I have to tip my hat to the KSP1 (and KSP2) developers. To develop a realtime simulation of orbital mechanics, rocketry and interplanetary flight is not an easy feat. Though based on 2-body (patch conic) orbital mechanics, it has a very good representation of orbital maneuvers. N-body would be amazing, however software tools that I use in the industry to do that can cost up to $50,000 USD+, not something a game should attempt. LOL. I want to also say, I have a great respect for the Community Modders, what they do is nothing short of amazing. To dig into software code of a game and tweak it and provide more options to the player community, to add enhancement of complexity of play, expansion of options or just pure fun stuff, is greatly appreciated. Here's to you all!

I look forward to seeing how the KSP2 devs and community moves forward with KSP2's evolution from EA to a full featured sim game.

I've only been on the forum for a short while. I am here for help and to provide help where I can. And to have fun along the way. I've attached a photo of an actual launch that I worked on during my career, and a real photo of the Moon that I personally took with a spacecraft (Sorry no Arches found...yet). Enjoy, and see you among the posts and the Kerbin Stars.

CHY0ZwT.jpg

5cyPHaf.png

Thank you @Starhawk. I was always jealous of stuff like MechJeb for KSP1, that I couldn't get on console.

I have more photos, but they were from secret missions, I could show them but then I'd have to ..... well you know. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing Colonies and what the Devs do for Life Support Systems. I have a Masters Degree in Human Space Flight and look forward to seeing how this comes together.

Landings are a guarantee with the right trajectory, soft landings aren't :o. LOL

To the Mun!

Hello @LeroyJenkins! Welcome to our wonderful Forum!

May you never forget your parachutes!

And by the way, do you mind telling me more about your career? I'm trying to decide what I want to go to college for, and I was set on going to learn astronomy, but for the past couple months, I'm starting to lean towards learning about being an aerospace engineer.   

Edited by Jacob Kerman

Nice to meet you @thewhitemetroid. There are so many Launch Vehicle companies now, and all are looking for good technical people. Pressure Vessels are definitely a part of a rocket. Never know what could happen if you apply. Plus its always fun to be able to reply to the statement "Its not rocket science" when you can say "Well yes it is. I'd know cause I am one" :0.0:.

I've seen a rocket blow up off the launch pad.... The Kraken is REAL!"