Craft shakes immediately after loading a save, stops after a few seconds

croviking

Basically what I wrote in the Title. I don't think it's related to the SAS problem.

I tried two short engine bursts to see if it helps. First one didn't, second nearly identical one may have coincided with the issue automatically resolving itself. Hard to reproduce. I will try loading the same savegame in different scenarios (straight after starting a game, after playing a while) to see if it happens again.

Here's a short video

I saw the same thing yesterday in my Duna Mastery save game file.  I have (had, at the time) 3 satellites orbiting Duna, and was about to launch a probe to land on the surface of Duna, but when I put the craft on the launchpad from the VAB, the whole thing was shaking.  Badly.  I reverted and put it there directly from the KSC (which is one feature I happen to like), and it still did it.  I was able to launch, and after I separated the first stage it stopped shaking.  The odd thing is that I don't think the craft was unstable; it looked like the whole screen - the ksc, kerbin, the craft, map view, everything - was shaking.  Not sure if this was just some kind of weird glitch or an actual bug, but you aren't the only one to see this.  This makes at least 2 of us now!

1 hour ago, croviking said:

Basically what I wrote in the Title. I don't think it's related to the SAS problem.

I tried two short engine bursts to see if it helps. First one didn't, second nearly identical one may have coincided with the issue automatically resolving itself. Hard to reproduce. I will try loading the same savegame in different scenarios (straight after starting a game, after playing a while) to see if it happens again.

Here's a short video

I call that the "Earthquake Bug".  I wrote about it in detail, here: ( Link )

My guess is that it had to do with Farings.  With my experience, it shook the whole launch platform (and KSC) prior to launch; and the craft shook regularly until I discarded the farings.  After that it was gone.

Can't tell from your vid - but did you have farings on that craft?

4 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Can't tell from your vid - but did you have farings on that craft?

I don't bother with fairings but I did make some dubious decisions while placing the landing legs on the craft as they didn't have quite enough height to clear the engine. Could be messing with the center of mass.

Sorry for quick and dirty descriptions, have to be somewhere else soon. :D

I'll investigate deeper when I return.

17 minutes ago, croviking said:

I don't bother with fairings but I did make some dubious decisions while placing the landing legs on the craft as they didn't have quite enough height to clear the engine. Could be messing with the center of mass.

Sorry for quick and dirty descriptions, have to be somewhere else soon. :D

I'll investigate deeper when I return.

Then it's most likely my other thought: some kind of placement of something is creating a physics stress between parts.  There was an explosion of some kind - and then the ship stopped shaking.

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Then it's most likely my other thought: some kind of placement of something is creating a physics stress between parts.  There was an explosion of some kind - and then the ship stopped shaking.

That's what I thought when the shaking stopped after I decoupled the first stage.

10 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

There was an explosion of some kind - and then the ship stopped shaking.

Was that an explosion!? I thought it was an animation when I cut the engines at the very same moment it occurred. :D
Quite possibly. Have to check it out, after I get some sleep...