organizes the mods

TateSV

9 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

[CKAN] no - that's totally a broken biome. 

How?

For a 3rd party app that tries to do what Debian apt does without the game backing the standards needed (see Debian for how it should be done), I think CKAN does things very well.  I say this as someone who used to manually mod everything using another 3rd party mod tool.  I find things much easier now I've shifted to mostly using CKAN and manually modding only when I have to.  Someone like @linuxgurugamer would find it hard to do what he does--which is vital to KSP--without CKAN.

The CKAN main post and the devs like @HebaruSan are on the KSP forums, so you can comment in the post or PM them if you have an issue.

9 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Overwolf App - about the same [snip]

I vaguely remember the Overwolf App from a long time ago.  I didn't strike me as right back then.  I didn't even know it supported mods.  If I wasn't using CKAN, I have at least 2 other tools I'd use in its place.

5 minutes ago, Jacke said:

I vaguely remember the Overwolf App from a long time ago.  I didn't strike me as right back then.  I didn't even know it supported mods.  If I wasn't using CKAN, I have at least 2 other tools I'd use in its place.

Its mainly only good for Modpacks Useful for Minecraft ones and managing a lot of them.

But for ksp its a no go use CKAN

Edited by Royalswissarmyknife

Some content has been removed, due to interpersonal bickering that contributes nothing constructive and does not actually help answer the OP's question.

Folks, please don't make things personal.  It's not appropriate to lob public accusations and recriminations at each other.

Also, please try to stay on-topic, which means addressing the poster's concerns.  In this case, the OP appears to be a player, not a modder, who is asking what tool they can use for organizing the mods that they use.

Therefore, if you have advice as a player as to what tools may (or may not) be useful, then that is appropriate to post, here.  Bear in mind that a modder's experience of working with a tool bears little relationship to the user's experience.  The bickering we've removed, here, was a bunch of modders sniping each other about their experiences, which has absolutely zero bearing on a player's experience of using the tool and therefore is completely unhelpful here, even if it were civil and otherwise appropriate (which it wasn't).  Please don't try to make this about you.

So, with that in mind, can we please try to focus on welcoming the poster to the forum and helping them with their question, rather than airing your own grievances?

19 hours ago, TateSV said:

Does anyone know of a mod that organizes the mods in the best way? 

Hello @TateSV, and welcome to the forum!  :)

By far the most common tool that folks have used over the years for organizing their KSP mods is called CKAN.  There exist others, but that's overwhelmingly the most common.  (I'm not endorsing it as "best" or otherwise, merely observing that it's in very common use.)

Many people like to use it.  Some people prefer other tools, and some (like myself) just organize their stuff manually without any tool.

If you're interested, you can give it a try and see whether it meets your needs or not.  Since I haven't used it myself, I'm not in a position to give advice on what it's like to use.  People who have used tools here can give feedback on what their experience has been, and what they do or don't care for about the tools they use.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.