Suggestion: Shouldn't it be "Kerestrial Planet"?

Yeah, noticed that, too. Quite often.

1 minute ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

sometimes the Tracking Station shows Ike and Gilly instead of the planet names

The map does allow you to click on the satellites and mark them as targets, if you're lucky or skillful enough to find them, but more often than not, I'm neither skillful nor lucky enough to find the planets without zooming and panning a lot.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Don't know if you saw the report - sometimes the Tracking Station shows Ike and Gilly instead of the planet names.

zaKPSUu.jpg

tesfsOv.jpg

Ike, Gilly, Minmus, Tylo... Targeting a parent planet without zooming in is nearly impossible.

Especially now that you can't just click on a random point along the orbit line to target something like you could in KSP1 

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Don't know if you saw the report - sometimes the Tracking Station shows Ike and Gilly instead of the planet names.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is already on our radar. 
Technically it's a UI issue (I think) and not a writing issue, so I will pass this along to the appropriate team Monday.

I'm not a fan of the "stick K in front of everything because Kerbal" idea; in this case it could cause confusion around a word not everyone will be familiar with for the sake of a cheap pun that'll be irritating the second time you read it. Are we going to start calling them kelestial bodies next?

I don't see why. Earth isn't an Earrestrial planet and Humans don't live on a Hurrestrial planet. Why should Kerbals from Kerbin live on a Kerrestrial planet?

They have the same names for things that we do for many things. For all we know their (K)latin name for Kerbin is Terra.

Now, if instead of "Terrestrial" you wanted to say "Kerbin-like" I'm all for it. It may even be less confusing to someone who didn't know what "terrestrial" meant. Though it would seem a bit redundant on Kerbin.

Edited by Superfluous J

1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

I don't see why. Earth isn't an Earrestrial planet and Humans don't live on a Hurrestrial planet. Why should Kerbals from Kerbin live on a Kerrestrial planet?

Don't know how you came up with Earrestrial, but:

Terra = Latin for "ground" = Earth. We are Earth people, from Earth like everything else on Earth. In English we use the word Terrestrial (as in the screenshot), not Earrestrial.

Kerbal = derived from "Kerbin" (possibly vice-versa, either works)

Kerbol (the sun) = derived from "Kerbin" or "Kerbal" and SOL, which is the Latin name of our Sun. SOLar system.

Ker is obviously being used as a root name. Kerbin kerbal Kerbol Kerman

So: KERestrial rather than TERRestrial, because that's inline with how the game rolls.

At least to me. It's a suggestion and nothing more.

Edited by Sitting Duck
Words words.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.