Should I port my part mods to KSP 2?

bcink

Should I port my part mods to KSP 2?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Seeing what if any demand there is in the way of my old mods being ported to KSP 2 once this is possible? James Webb, The Martian, Duna Direct, Kerbalow (BEAM + Bigelow Inflatables), Deep Space Surface Habitat?

• Yes, port them!
    • Might be fun to have.
    • Neutral
    • Your time could be better spent on new mods
  2. 2. If you can only pick one mod to port, which is your favorite?

• James Webb For Kerbal
    • The Martian
    • Duna Direct
    • Kerbalow Aerospace Inflatables
    • Deep Space Surface Habitat Pack
  3. 3. Thank you for your input!

• Many cheers!
    • Cheers!

Hey everyone. I'm wondering if I should plan to port my existing KSP 1 mods into KSP 2.

It would be a big help if the general community would provide some feedback on the polls so I can see where my time should be spent.

FYI, there are plans for new mods in the future.

Edit - I realize I neglected Making Alternate History. Whoops. Any big ups for that just post a comment :)

Edited by bcink
Edit - I realize I neglected Making Alternate History. Whoops. Any big ups for that just post a comment :)

Nice work mate!! I'm a telescope junkie myself here, my best one is a Celestron 11" EdgeHD SCT with a nice glass collection to look through it. That being said, I really dig telescope mods. Your JWST is dope and really fun to play with. If you do port it, I just have a few suggestions. Maybe add/change things like improved textures, higher res reflections, especially the beryllium coated primary mirror hexagons, multi layer sun shield like the real deal, maybe a deep space map that shows up when zoomed in really far(could find unique bodies/elements that provide even more science) and when science arrives, make it provide some science points for different operations, such as looking at different celestial entities for specific amounts of time giving it more purpose and motive for use. I know it's a tall order, but I'd be obliged to donate $$ for your time:wink:. Thanks for your contributions thus far though!!

Edited by InterstellarDrifter
grammar and additional information

10 hours ago, InterstellarDrifter said:

Nice work mate!! I'm a telescope junkie myself here, my best one is a Celestron 11" EdgeHD SCT with a nice glass collection to look through it. That being said, I really dig telescope mods. Your JWST is dope and really fun to play with. If you do port it, I just have a few suggestions. Maybe add/change things like improved textures, higher res reflections, especially the beryllium coated primary mirror hexagons, multi layer sun shield like the real deal, maybe a deep space map that shows up when zoomed in really far(could find unique bodies/elements that provide even more science) and when science arrives, make it provide some science points for different operations, such as looking at different celestial entities for specific amounts of time giving it more purpose and motive for use. I know it's a tall order, but I'd be obliged to donate $$ for your time:wink:. Thanks for your contributions thus far though!!

Thanks for your kind words! With only 8" Celestron, I am very jealous of your 11" ;D 

I am rather confident that there are new shader libraries being used so any sort of port over would likely involve a full re-texture, hence the major questions involving time. 

Definitely like the ideas. We'll need to see what possibilities are available in the new engine.

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

I might hold off on Kerbalow and Deep Space Surface Habitat since they’re the kind of thing that might stock once the colony system gets added.

Edit: Or maybe do it now and try to talk them into incorporating you code?

Edited by TheOtherDave

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 12:33 PM, TheOtherDave said:

I might hold off on Kerbalow and Deep Space Surface Habitat since they’re the kind of thing that might stock once the colony system gets added.

Edit: Or maybe do it now and try to talk them into incorporating you code?

Actually since the colonies are being added in the years to come, i would really like those as it can give us some colonies before 1.0.0 releases

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2023 at 2:01 PM, schlosrat said:

Hi @bcink, are you aware of the KSP2 Modding Society discord? There are several people there actively working on part mods. If you are inclined to work on adapting your KSP1 parts to KSP2, you would be very welcome there, and they may have some information that would be useful to you.

https://discord.gg/pTDEmDaP95

Thanks. I will certainly keep this in my back pocket. As of now, I can't bring myself to start working on these. Everyone has their own take and opinion of the status of KSP2 and I respect whatever anyone's opinion is. Myself, I just can't do it right now. I like to properly test my parts and experiment and use them when I build them and KSP2 does not allow this at this time.

Cheers <3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.