eVe. max challenge

Considering that planes are probably the single biggest upgrade over stock ksp1, i figured id make a challenge that would incorporate them nicely well providing unique challenges to both new and experienced plane builders :)

Once atmospheric heating is enabled, the maximum speeds that people will be able to achieve will likely be a lot lower, so this is a limited time opportunity to set an all time record that likely wont be broken in the future. :wink:

The eVe.max challenge is: achieve the highest speed possible on eve under 1000m (sea lvl)

dGMTJkT.png

Rules:

1. It does not matter how you get to eve, cheats are encouraged for eve transport. Id recommend using lazy orbit to ''land'' your self ~2000m above eve's surface to start the run.

2.The speed record MUST BE below 1000m, higher altitude runs will not count.

3. V.max must be reached in level flight (no diving).

4. No infinite fuel.

5. Craft doesnt have to be manned, but it will need a powerful enough antenna to maintain legit contact with ksc if you choose to make it a drone.

6. There will be separate leaderboards for kraken drive craft.

7. No staging

How to enter:

1. Submit a picture of your craft at its highest top speed with both the speed indicator and altimeter (set to altitude above sea level) visible.

2. Have fun :)

Leaderboards

Vanilla:

ID Date V.max Alt.
1 Sequence 3/21 472 951

Kraken drive:

ID Date V.max Alt.
Edited by FlazeTheDragon

23 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

This sounds great. Can you explain how to use a cheat to get there? Also, does it need have a Kerbal flying?

Sure. Sadly, the old ksp1 debug menue has been disabled by the devs (literally why), so youd need to install a mod. The one i use is ''lazy orbit'' https://spacedock.info/mod/3258/Lazy Orbit It basically brings back the ksp1 debug menu function of teleporting to orbits or locations (Youll want to be in ''landing'' mode when teleporting to the surface, if you use ''orbit'' mode, youll be placed at orbital speeds and instantly disintegrate).

Youll also need a mod-loader if you dont already have one. There are several really nice mods out for ksp2 that fix some of the more annoying issues or bring back some functionality, so id say running mods is highly recommended. https://spacedock.info/mod/3277/Space Warp + BepInEx

Hmm. Ima say that the craft does not need to be manned, but it does need to have legit coms with the ksc, so youll need an antenna.

Edited by FlazeTheDragon

3 hours ago, FlazeTheDragon said:

Sure. Sadly, the old ksp1 debug menue has been disabled by the devs (literally why), so youd need to install a mod. The one i use is ''lazy orbit'' https://spacedock.info/mod/3258/Lazy Orbit It basically brings back the ksp1 debug menu function of teleporting to orbits or locations (Youll want to be in ''landing'' mode when teleporting to the surface, if you use ''orbit'' mode, youll be placed at orbital speeds and instantly disintegrate).

Youll also need a mod-loader if you dont already have one. There are several really nice mods out for ksp2 that fix some of the more annoying issues or bring back some functionality, so id say running mods is highly recommended. https://spacedock.info/mod/3277/Space Warp + BepInEx

Hmm. Ima say that the craft does not need to be manned, but it does need to have legit coms with the ksc, so youll need an antenna.

I could not get it to work. I have a feeling I did something incorrectly. The instructions are not very clear.

6 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

I could not get it to work. I have a feeling I did something incorrectly. The instructions are not very clear.

Basically, the way you install this is pretty straight forward. First, you get bepinex and extract it in to your ksp2 game folder (go in to steam, right click on ksp2 - manage - browse local files. it will take you to the spot where you need to extract bepinex).

Once you have bepinex, open  bepinex / plugins and extract lazy orbit in there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 10:12 PM, Sequence said:

Lots of room for improvement, but something to get some scores on the board. I'm assuming staging is against the rules? Or can we use drop tanks and solid boosters? 

EveMax.png

Kinda forgot i made this after no one posted here for a while xD 

Thats a good question, yah, no staging.

Edited by FlazeTheDragon

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.