Patch 1: don't expect miracles

The Aziz

We're about 36 hours or less from the first patch, assuming it won't slip. I think it needs to be said. The first patch won't fix all of the problems currently reported. Some of them, yes, most of them, hopefully but given the timeframe unlikely. Will it introduce more? Refer to my signature.

So don't expect the perfect game tomorrow. Some of the glitches may be too complex to be completely cleared in the current timeframe. It's still going to be buggy. But less, to some extent. 

Patch 2 is coming soon™ with more fixes. You're playing a space game, I think you learned patience by now.

16 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

So don't expect the perfect game tomorrow.

You know that, even if you repeat this ad nauseum, users gonna user and trolls gonna troll, right? Rekindling the fire is their speciality.

Then again, I'm 100% on board with the message. Be patient folks, or at least pretend to, it's just the 1st patch of many to come.

2 minutes ago, Haustvindr said:

You know that, even if you repeat this ad nauseum, users gonna user and trolls gonna troll, right? Rekindling the fire is their speciality.

I barely even read it, let alone respond. The fire will extinguish by itself after some time of ignoring it.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

We're about 36 hours or less from the first patch, assuming it won't slip. I think it needs to be said. The first patch won't fix all of the problems currently reported. Some of them, yes, most of them, hopefully but given the timeframe unlikely. Will it introduce more? Refer to my signature.

So don't expect the perfect game tomorrow. Some of the glitches may be too complex to be completely cleared in the current timeframe. It's still going to be buggy. But less, to some extent. 

Patch 2 is coming soon™ with more fixes. You're playing a space game, I think you learned patience by now.

Yup.  Settings > Expectations > select “Realistic”.

It's important to realize that this patch encompasses the work of the devs from at least the past 5 weeks, since the ESA preview event (9 Feb), which had many of the bugs we've seen in the release build. So more than anything it's an indicator of the development speed and a useful way to gauge how long each step on the roadmap might take.

Edited by Vl3d

1 minute ago, Vl3d said:

So more than anything it's an indicator of the development speed and a useful way to gauge how long each step on the roadmap might take

This. 

That said, the things Nate posted about (almost two weeks ago already!) will be welcome if truly fixed. Most of the UX/UI design-choice aspects that people don’t like can wait - right now, we need patched conics display back and trajectories that pass through SOI’s to be fixed; we need fixes for legs falling off landers and things falling through terrain; we need fixes for the burn progress bar resetting itself on change from Map to Flight modes and vice versa, or when hiding the UI for screenshots; we need a fix for the crossfeed bugs that put us in orbit around our target body but suddenly realizing our booster has used all our propellants; etc.

With luck, hopefully all of these have been addressed in the five weeks since the ESA event. But if not, that fact it will have been five weeks WITHOUT these being fixed will be telling also.`

The way I see it is that the first patch will address (hopefully) some of the worst pain points. There will be plenty of bugs around, but hopefully those are major annoyances and not (too many) rage inducing  bugs. Then a good chunk of those can be addressed in the second patch, which will then be looked out for with less urgency.

And then by the time the third patch comes around it will start to address minor bugs and things like re-entry heating.

The fix doesn't really need to be in the first patch, but I'll feel more confident about the state of the game when they fix the bug with orbits changing due to the floating origin issue. It feels like a very fundamental system, that needs to be rock-solid early.

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

And then by the time the third patch comes around it will start to address minor bugs and things like re-entry heating.

Yeah and by the time I'm 75 I might be able to enjoy the full game.

Edited by Vl3d

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.