Patch One is Go

Nate Simpson

6 minutes ago, Jacob Kerman said:

Asparagus Staging?

Use of multiple radial boosters that feed fuel into one another along a daisy chain rather than all feeding directly into the core stage. This keeps all boosters topped off so you can drop them in pairs.

Hurrah and I want to say "Great work!":cool:

On the other hand, could you post on PD download site only update file not a whole game to be downloaded again? I'm working at sea and downloading again 16GB by satellite network is road through hell.

@Nate Simpson Outstanding update! Worth the wait. Huge list of things fixed in the release notes. Please extend a big congratulations to the dev team, take tomorrow off and enjoy the weekend. Heck take them out for Happy Hour. Well deserved! Everyone seems excited to get back into KSP2 and see the magic. I know I am. ACES!!!

To Infinity and Beyond!

DD33qO2.gif

5 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Use of multiple radial boosters that feed fuel into one another along a daisy chain rather than all feeding directly into the core stage. This keeps all boosters topped off so you can drop them in pairs.

4 minutes ago, Jacob Kerman said:

Oh, I've done that before.

I did not realize there was a term for that though.

I believe the term refers to how your rocket ends up looking like a bunch of asparagus. It's quite fitting, actually.

• Community Manager
Just now, Rits said:

Found a new bug with the update, cant send a rocket to the launch pad from the VAB, have to load it from the launch pad it self

Definitely make sure to send in a bug report if you can reproduce the issue!

That is one heck of an impressive list of fixes.  Mind blown.

One thing I either didn't see or completely missed is upper stage tanks draining into lower tanks even with crossfeed off.  Was this fixed in this patch?  Or is it going to be fixed in a future one?

3 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

That is one heck of an impressive list of fixes.  Mind blown.

One thing I either didn't see or completely missed is upper stage tanks draining into lower tanks even with crossfeed off.  Was this fixed in this patch?  Or is it going to be fixed in a future one?

" Fixed stack decouplers operating as if crossfeed is active even when PAM entry shows crossfeed disabled"

I think it was fixed

42 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

If my math isn't rusty -> v0.1.1.0 x 10 patches = v1.1.0.0

That's not how separator points work... they're not decimals. It's basically [Overall version].[Major patch].[Minor patch].[Hotfix/tiny revision]. This can result in some weird-looking pseudo numbers like 1.13.5.1a or similar. So, since all the smaller increments revert to 0 with each larger-grade release, depending on how large or small the patches are, it could be 0.1.10.0 or any other distribution like 0.3.4.0 depending on how many of the patches are minor or major versions.

Edited by Ithirahad

Continued my drive by a few kilometers (small break from work). The truck wheels still need more torque but I'm getting thrown up into the air less often and at a lower force, so I'll take it. I think I'm going to restart this drive tonight and see if maybe my rover parts didn't update.