Patch One is Go

Nate Simpson

Just loaded up KSP2 for the second time since it's release to see if I can play.  With my UHD 620 I couldn't play before and... I'm getting 3 fps in the KSC menu now! Woohoo, optimizations are working! Seriously though, this is amazing news for me and my potato as well as the future of KSP2 in general.  Keep up the great work, devs! :D

1 hour ago, Jacob Kerman said:

Oh, I've done that before.

I did not realize there was a term for that though.

It goes all the back to the early days of KSP, when it was common to do that kind of thing.

I think the fuel prioritization UI added in v1.2 greatly reduced the use of asparagus staging.

27 minutes ago, DareDrop said:

How do I get the patch?

I got the game on Steam - so it just installed the update - if you downloaded the game from the PD website I suspect you will need to download the update from there.

59 minutes ago, Keeval said:

if you downloaded the game from the PD website I suspect you will need to download the update from there.

Gr8 16 gigs. Well, whatever...

So should I uninstall the 0.1.00, or will the new instance detect & overwrite the old one? 

Wait, look at those nice UI changes too! Thanks for posting the comparison video mark. Wow, the new fuel level readouts for example look similar to those someone posted in the suggestions forum. Good to see community feedback definitely seems to be reaching hands that can make changes in the game! Kudos :cool:

I still think it could use some tinkering for ease of readability, but I'd feel more confident making a thread about this kind of issue now that I see direct action reflecting that your ear is very much tuned to the ground with the community

Edited by Stoup

10 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Raw comparison with same crafts, scenarios and graphic options.

That’s pretty remarkable. Confirms that game was forced to release too early by corporate- but I’m so glad that such large improvements could be made so quickly. Hats off to the team! Godspeed KSP 2!!! :cool:

4 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

unexpected in-flight destruction of vehicles equipped with physicsless parts

does this include the bugged unexpected destruction of vehicles when undocking, or is that a separate issue

The game is playing so much better!! It feels so different already.  from 6fps with my space plane to 40fps.  I wanted to launch 2 rockets to see how differently the game played and ended up wasting 4 hours.  Wow I am enjoying the game so much now.  The fact that you did this in 3 weeks is very impressive.  Keep up the good work!

VpG8ePy.jpg

Congratulations to the team now I can pull more than 100FPS in 4K resolution, now is deftly playable :)

And now also the physics are a little bit better.

Edited by pmborg